FanFic - Other
"Tess to TESS"
Part 5
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters belong to the WB.
Summary: The forth alien arrives in Roswell only to find that she's already there in the form of a clone - Tess. Takes place after "Destiny."
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Thirty minutes later Max and Isabel pick Michael up at his apartment and head for the Tumbleweed Inn. Michael tells them that Teresa looks like Tess but that there was instant recognition for them both visually and physically. He felt a stirring deep within himself, an awakening.

Max and Isabel shoot lots of questions at him that he can't answer because he had only gotten the short version. He explains that she was abducted from Nasado at a very young age but escaped from her captors. He also reveals that the girl Alex was kissing is Teresa's adoptive sister and that she knows of her sister's alien status.

Michael almost leaps out of the car with his eagerness to see his sister again but Max and Isabel walk cautiously to the room Michael is being let into by Alex. They both hesitate a moment before entering the suite which has taken on a festive atmosphere because there are pizza boxes, Chinese take out containers and bottles of soda on the bar leading to the kitchenette.

Alex leads Isabel into the room and Max follows. Michael is leading a petite straight haired blond girl towards them. The awakening that Michael spoke us is happening to him also and when he chances a look at Isabel he is sure that she feels it too.

He has to wonder if this is a trick because Tess stirred feeling within him also but they were upsetting - familial will best describe what he's feeling now.

Michael introduces them and Isabel welcomes Teresa's hug but Max places her away from him when she tries to hug him. She's hurt that he doesn't trust her but can understand his caution. She holds out her hand to him to shake when he notices the Orb Symbol and refuses to shake her hand.

Max hasn't moved from his spot right in front of the door. He looks around the room to find Maria sitting on one of the double beds in the room. Isabel is standing next to Alex in deep conversation and there's an older girl talking on the phone in the sitting area.

He didn't address Teresa by name but she knew he was talking to her, "Who is she talking to on the phone?" Nodding towards Sondra.

"Our parents. They would have been worried if they couldn't reach us and my father hasn't been well."

Sondra looks up and acknowledges the new comers with a smile and places her hand over the mouthpiece and gestures for Michael to come there.

"Michael, my dad wants to speak to you," handing the receiver to him.

Michael looks from Sondra to Teresa to Max and down at the phone but he doesn't take it. Panic crosses his features and if it weren't for Maria he probably would have bolted. She was instantly standing next to him stroking his arm and coaxing him closer to Sondra and into accepting the receiver.

"Hello," he breathed hoarsely.

The room is very quiet as they listen to Michaels end of the conversation. He begins to relax and he smiles a couple of times to something Mr. Gallagher must have said. His features soften and he sits down and answers questions and asks some of his own. He also gets a chance to speak to Teresa's mother before he hands the phone back to Sondra.

Maria walks over to Teresa and holds out her hand, "Pay up."

Michael walks up behind Maria and places his arms around her waist and kisses her on her temple.

"Why are you demanding money from my sister?" His voice has a happy lilt to it and she basks in the comfort of being in his arms.

"We had a little bet and she lost," tilting her head to the side and still holding out her hand to Teresa.

Teressa lets out a sigh, "She said Max would not welcome me with open arms and the way he just stands there and stares at me is giving me the creeps."

"I'll pay it for you." he smiles down at Maria.

There's a knock at the door and Alex asks who it is before opening the door to Liz and Kyle. Liz face lights up when she sees Max and this isn't lost on Teresa or Sondra. They come in and close the door and Teresa takes on the role as hostess asking if she can get anyone anything and inches her way over to Kyle for an introduction.

Liz says hello to everyone and waves to Sondra who is still on the phone. She goes over to a sullen Max and they talk for a while dispelling some of his suspicions and he even gets a slice of pizza.

Max looks around the room at all his friends talking and joking in a setting that they haven't partaken of much. These people knew who and what he was and they've been loyal and true to their friendship. They really should be talking about what Teresa's appearance means in terms of their survival but it can wait a little longer. Let them enjoy themselves.

Sondra is finally off the phone and comes over to Max to apologize for not getting off the phone earlier but that her parents are getting old so she indulges them. She goes on to say that whenever he is ready to talk, Teresa will tell him everything. She hopes he will learn to trust both of them because she has dedicated her life to helping her sister and keeping her safe and that that dedication now applies to all of them in the room.

Michael is playfully pushing a resisting Teresa over to Max.

"Max, we all need to talk," he gestures for Isabel to join them.

Sondra walks over to and opens a door leading to another bedroom. "I booked an additional bedroom because I know Teresa won't let Michael out of her sight for a while. You guys can talk in here."

Max, Isabel, Michael, and Teresa accept Sondra's suggestion and adjourn to the other bedroom and close the door. Max is reluctant at first to tell her everything that they have found out and the others follow his lead. Two hours later they emerge laughing and obviously convinced that she is who she says she is.

As usual, as if on cue they gravitate to their significant other. Max joins Liz on the small couch and immediately places his right arm around her shoulder. She snuggles closer to his body and grasps his overhanging hand kisses the inside of his wrist and begins to stroke it gently.

Michael is sitting on the arm of the chair that Maria occupies twirling a strand of her silky hair between his fingers and carrying on a conversation with Teresa and Kyle.

Alex is leaning against the wall between the two couples with Isabel leaning against his lanky frame with his hands around her waist and her hands on top of his. She turns her face to him to receive a kiss, which he is more than happy to oblige.

Sondra watches the couples for a while before commenting on her observation. "Michael, are you dating anyone?" she smiles shyly.

"Yeah, Michael are you dating anyone?" Maria turns her face up to him and arches an eyebrow in query.

The whole room looks to Michael awaiting his answer when Liz suddenly bursts out laughing. Soon everyone is laughing except Maria whom is still waiting for Michael's answer. He reaches for and encircles her hand in his, stands up never loosing eye contact, pulls her into his arms and kisses her long and passionately.

"Does that answer everyone's question?" When he finally pulls away from her now tender lips.

"Actually," from a dazed Maria. "No, not mine."

"Maria is the only girl in my life, past, present and future," looking directly into her eyes and smiling from ear to ear.

"Works for me," as she places her arms around his neck and leans up for a sweet kiss.

Teresa is the first to recover and smiles lovingly at her newfound brother. She's curious about the other pairings but there will be time to learn about her new family. She frowns when she thinks that Tess had been impersonating her and has caused problems for the people she considers family.

The laugher and the chatter stops soon and they reluctantly move on to the problem uppermost in their minds: How to expose Tess and prevent her from identifying them to their enemy. Alternatives are few and far between as to how to contain her. No one brings it up but the possibility of having to kill Tess is in the back of his or her minds.

Max suggests that they talk to the sheriff tomorrow for his input. It's getting late and he and Isabel have a curfew these days. He waves goodbye to Sondra and goes over to kiss Teresa goodnight. Max and Isabel are standing side by side in front of Michael and Teresa in the foursquare formation gender opposite when Teresa takes Michael's hand and a bight blue light emulates from their joined hands.

"Max," as he looks down at his and Teresa's joined hands. "What's going on?" Max, driven by instinct grabs Isabel's hand and then Teresa's and the square is completed when Michael takes Isabel's hand.

The others look on in astonishment as the four are illuminated in a bright blue light from head to toe. Maria moves to disengage them but Liz stops her. " They're okay," she utters confidently.

"Liz, are you crazy? They're turning into Smurfs," wails a now frantic Maria.

"Look," nods to the large mirror directly behind Maria.

The scenes transmitted from the mirror can only be scenes from Max's home planet. The beauty and tranquility of the landscape transfix everyone. Unfolding before their eyes is what appears to be a silent movie because there is no audio - at least sound, as we know it.

The group moves closer to the mirror. Alex and Maria embrace each other for support as they learn the history of the ones they love. Kyle is mesmerized and Sondra has tears in her eyes.

Later, they will question how long they were made privy to this panoramic miracle and how seeing it touched their very souls. The injustice of a peaceful people destroyed by an enemy whom they had welcomed and lived amongst for centuries.

When the images cease so does the light force that had encompassed the four True Pod Members. Isabel and Teresa embrace and let their tears flow whereas Max and Michael take on a determined grim expression, outraged at the inhumanity that befell their race.

Liz hurries over to Max, lovingly caresses his face before placing a light kiss on his lips. He picks her up and hugs her to him, stroking her hair and absorbing her sobs for she two must have witnessed the horror.

A quick glance around the room lets him know that they all saw and were moved by the events that placed him on earth and made him human. His mission is clear.

"What ever it takes, WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO EARTH," his voice vehement.

"Max, Michael the Orb Symbol is gone," Isabel states with surprise.

They all look to their wrist to find it symbol free.

Silence and reflection is the mood of the room. They sit contemplating what they have witnessed and how this new knowledge will affect their young lives and the lives of everyone on earth. Fate has brought them to this point and they will embrace their mission with every ounce of their being.

Max is curious how the others were able to see his planets plight in the mirror when Teresa tells him of how Liz saw her childhood in her bathroom mirror earlier that same day. "I've been meaning to talk to you about that Max," she purrs.

Liz stands up to cross over to him when he stares at something near her stomach. She pulls down her shirt but he rushes over and lifts it back up. Right below her navel is a blue tattoo of the V constellation.

"Liz, when did you get this?" Pointing to the mark on her stomach.

Everyone is moving closer to see what Max is talking about when Liz runs over to a mirror to see for herself.

"I don't know. It wasn't there when I took a shower this morning but I do remember a sensation of heat right after you guys were released from that energy field. What do you think it means Max?"

Maria comes over to Liz to get a better look, "Liz Parker with a tattoo on her stomach. Your mom is going to kill you."

"Maybe it will go away like the Orb Symbols did?" Max's tone one of concerned.

Liz goes up to Max and kisses his cheek, "Not one that I would've chosen for myself but I kind of like it." At least it's not glowing.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.