FanFic - Other
"The Baby Nexus"
Part 8
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters are THE WB'S.
Summary: Combines the already running theme from Tess to TESS and Treasures Found (Crashdown Fanfics.) Liz and Max are anxious about a Physical exam Mrs. Parker is adamant Liz takes Birth Control.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Max thanks his mom for her support this afternoon at the hospital and volunteers to tell the embarrassing story to his father.

Philip Evans laughs and recounts a similar story. "You know your mother and I tried for years to have children of our own." He pauses and reaches for Diane's hand and they share a special look. "I've spent lots a time in OB/GYN waiting rooms and sometimes they wanted a deposit."

Diane Evans shoves her husband playfully, "Philip."

"Son, the most important think to remember when you love a women as much as I love your mother is that you except those things that are inevitable whether it be buying feminine hygiene products or," he looks from his wife to Isabel, "ejaculating into a cup."

"Daddy how gross and at the dinner table no less." Isabel frowns and begins to clear the table.

Philip Evans gets a far away look on his face and his eyes become moist with tears. Isabel and Max both look to him and then to their mother questioning what could their dad possibly be thinking about that would bring tears to his eyes.

Suddenly he looks to his children and takes a deep breath. "We were returning to Roswell from Albequerque on the night we found you on that desert road."

Diane Evans gets up and stands behind her husband's chair and begins to knead his shoulders.

"Forty thousand dollars and ten specialist later we had just been told that our chances to conceive as a couple were astronomically slim."

Philip pats his wife's hand as he looks up to her. "We had taken the desert road because it has always brought us comfort. The sky was so vast and full of stars that night that we marveled at God's handy work and decided at that moment to place our hopes and dreams in his hands."

"And then we found you." He leans over to kiss his wife's hand. "It was fate right from the very beginning."

Isabel has tears in her eyes when she goes over to hug her father. "Yes daddy, I do believe it was."

Max looks at his parents, the only parents he has ever known, and knows that they love him and Isabel unconditionally.

He remembers his childhood and their protectiveness that still holds true in the way his mother still comes into his room at night to make sure he has a blanket when it's cold.

He remembers how his dad would grill Isabel's dates (pre-Alex). And how they always made time to spend as a family.

"Dad," Max plays with his napkin as he looks into his father's eyes. "When you and mom were trying to have kids did you ever think that maybe the world isn't that great a place to consciously choose to create another life?"

"Max, your mother and I were college students in the late sixties. We saw a war almost tear this country apart but we also knew love and even with all the devastation and turmoil around us we knew that we wanted to have children as a testament to our love."

"What if I had to go off to war? Would you be so afraid for me that you would wish that you had never adopted me or loved me?" Max holds his head down then sneaks a peak at both his parents who appear to be stunned as to why he's asking these questions.

Diane returns to her chair next to her son's and reaches for his hand. "Max, does this have anything to do with Liz and her doctors appointment today."

"No, that went fine. It's just that Liz asked me if I ever wanted children and I told her no."

His parents look at him unsure of what to say but Isabel gives him an understanding nod.

"Well, if the state of the world is governing your decision, than let me tell you it'll probably get worst before it gets better." Mr. Evans is still holding Isabel's hand, which is planted, on his shoulder.

"Max we love and protect our children the best we can than we hope and pray that nothing tragic happens to them. But the joy you two have brought to ours lives can never be measured."

"If you were a part of our lives for only ten minutes instead of ten years our love for you would still be the same."

"I think you will make a wonderful father Max. You've always taken excellent care of me." Isabel states knowing the torment he is in right now.

"It's your decision of course but your mother and I have been hoping for a brood of grandchildren." Mr. Evans smiles up at Isabel. "If your brother decides for whatever reason not to have children than the burden falls to you sweetheart."

"What do you say Diane, Three-four, maybe twins. Can you handle that Izzy?"

Isabel starts to laugh as she wraps both arms around her dad's neck and shoots daggers across the table at Max. "Now see what you've done. I thought that this conversation wasn't due for at least ten years."

They all start to laugh and clear the table.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.