FanFic - Other
"The Journey"
Part 18
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like to.
Summary: After finding out Maria's true identity, the gang deals with their feelings about the new-found knowledge. Could Maria's true identity be a danger to her?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Please email and let me know your thoughts on this fiction. If you can see the possibility of a third part to this fiction, please email me and tell me what you'd like to see in a third part. If you haven't read my first fic, "Secrets", then this fiction will make no sense because it's a sequel. To read my first fic, email me (jamiep@egyptian.net) or visit crashdown.com
The group drove back to Roswell in silence. No one could believe what had just transpired before them. Michael, Isabel, Alex, Tess and Maria were in the Jetta. Liz, Max and Kyle were in the jeep.

"Max?" Liz asked. "Are you alright?"

Max hadn’t said a word since they left Grand Forks. He looked out the window and then over to Liz. "You know, I’ve always wondered who my parents were. What they were like? I finally got the chance to meet my father and I find out that he was evil. Simply evil. What scares me more than anything is he would have killed Isabel and Maria if they wouldn’t have killed him first. Do you know I tried to get Isabel to believe me? I was so dead set against Maria being our sister. Maybe if I wouldn’t have listened to Tess, I would have been the one protecting them. I’m glad Isabel stuck by Maria’s side. I understand their connection now." Max looked back out the window. Tears had formed in his eyes. "I just wish I could have had the chance to talk to him just one time. He was my father."

Liz didn’t know what to say. On one hand, Max was hurting because his father was dead. But he was also hurting knowing that he had trusted the fake Tess. She reached across the seat and took his hand. He looked down at it and squeezed it. That gesture meant more to him than anything she could have said. They drove the rest of the way home in silence.

Part 17 | Index | Part 19
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.