FanFic - Other
"The Journey"
Part 19
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like to.
Summary: After finding out Maria's true identity, the gang deals with their feelings about the new-found knowledge. Could Maria's true identity be a danger to her?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Please email and let me know your thoughts on this fiction. If you can see the possibility of a third part to this fiction, please email me and tell me what you'd like to see in a third part. If you haven't read my first fic, "Secrets", then this fiction will make no sense because it's a sequel. To read my first fic, email me (jamiep@egyptian.net) or visit crashdown.com
Isabel and Maria had yet to stop crying. Killing their father had been very hard on them. Maria kept telling herself over and over that it was for the best. He would have killed Isabel and her if they hadn’t. Michael couldn’t stand to see two girls he cared for so much crying. He was to the point where if her heard one more sniffle, he’d explode.

"You did what was right." Tess said. "There was nothing else you could do."

Isabel looked at Tess. "I know." She said. "It’s just…he was our father."

Alex put his arm around Isabel. He couldn’t stand to see her cry either. He didn’t know how to help her. All he could do was be there for her.

Isabel buried her face into Alex’s chest and cried. She didn’t know if she’d ever get over what had happened. She wondered if Max would ever forgive her. The pain and agony in his face with they had sent the surge of power at their father shot through her mind. He had been horrified. His own sisters, killing their father. He just didn’t understand. It had to be done.

The drive back to Roswell seemed to take days. They finally arrived. Max dropped Kyle and Liz off and Maria dropped Michael and Alex off.

"Iz?" Maria asked. "Where do you want to go?"

Isabel looked up. She wanted to go away. Far away from Roswell. From the truth. But she knew she couldn’t run. Her past would always follow her. There was no running. "Take me home." She said. "I need to talk to Max."

Maria drove to Isabel’s house and let her out. "I won’t come in. You guys need some time alone." She smiled at her sister. "I’ll take Tess home with me. We’ll find a place for her later." Isabel shut the car door and turned towards the house. Before she reached the door, Maria stood up, overlooking her car. "Hey, Isabel!" she yelled.

Isabel stopped and turned. "Yeah?"

"Thanks. For saving my life." Maria said.

"Thank you." Isabel said. "We couldn’t have done it without each other."

Maria smiled. She knew Isabel was right. They wouldn’t be standing there if it hadn’t been for them working together. "See ya." Maria said.

Part 18 | Index | Part 20
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.