FanFic - Other
"The Journey"
Part 8
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like to.
Summary: After finding out Maria's true identity, the gang deals with their feelings about the new-found knowledge. Could Maria's true identity be a danger to her?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Please email and let me know your thoughts on this fiction. If you can see the possibility of a third part to this fiction, please email me and tell me what you'd like to see in a third part. If you haven't read my first fic, "Secrets", then this fiction will make no sense because it's a sequel. To read my first fic, email me (jamiep@egyptian.net) or visit crashdown.com
They had been driving for 16 hours. Four more hours and they’d be to Grand Forks, North Dakota, the last known location of Mark and David. Isabel, Maria, Michael and Alex were in Maria’s car. Michael was driving, Maria by his side, with Isabel and Alex in the back. Ahead of them, in Max’s jeep, was Tess, Kyle, Max and Liz. The jeep pulled off the road and headed towards a motel. They had to stop for the night. Everyone was tired and it would be better for everyone to pull into town fresh. Michael guided the Jetta to a parking spot beside the jeep. Everyone got out of the vehicles and stretched.

"Is this alright with everyone?" Max asked. "We could keep driving if you want." He said looking around. "but someone else is going to have to drive. I’m just too tired."

"We’re all tired Max." Liz said looking at him. "I think it’s best if we just all stop for the night and sleep."

Max smiled at Liz. She was right. She always knew what everyone around her needed. He walked over beside her and took her hand. "Alright then, we’re staying."

They approached the checkout counter and a tall woman greeted them. "Good evening. How many rooms?"

"How many beds are in a room?" Max asked.

The lady opened a book. "Right now all we have left open is three rooms with two beds and one room with one bed."

Max looked around the group. Why couldn’t there have been just one more room with two beds.

"Michael and I can share a bed." Maria volunteered. "And Isabel and Alex can have the other bed in the room so that could cut down on one room."

"Yeah, that would be fine." Isabel said, looking at Maria with a twinkle in her eye. "You and Liz can take the single room and Tess and Kyle can take a double room."

"Is that ok with you Tess?" Max asked, looking concerned. "I mean, you don’t know Kyle very well. It won’t be too uncomfortable?"

"It’s fine." Tess said. "It’ll give us a chance to get to know each other a little bit."

"Alright then," he said. "That’s three rooms then. Two doubles and a single."

"Your total comes to $79.85 for one night, please." The lady said.

Max paid the lady and took the keys to their room. He handed out the keys and said "Set your alarm for 6:00 A.M.. We need to be out of here by 7:00."

"Ok, we’ll see ya about 7:00 then." Michael said as he, Maria, Isabel and Alex opened the door to their room and walked in.

"See ya in the morning." Kyle said as he took the key and headed to the end of the hall to his and Tess’s room.

Max and Liz turned down the hall and headed towards their room. He couldn’t wait till tomorrow. He’d finally be able to prove to Isabel that their father was not alive. He was sure that they’d not find anything. He was sure of it.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.