FanFic - Other
"The Journey"
Part 9
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like to.
Summary: After finding out Maria's true identity, the gang deals with their feelings about the new-found knowledge. Could Maria's true identity be a danger to her?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Please email and let me know your thoughts on this fiction. If you can see the possibility of a third part to this fiction, please email me and tell me what you'd like to see in a third part. If you haven't read my first fic, "Secrets", then this fiction will make no sense because it's a sequel. To read my first fic, email me (jamiep@egyptian.net) or visit crashdown.com
Michael plopped down on the bed and pulled Maria down beside him. "Remember or first time in a motel?" he asked, grinning.

"How could I forget?" she asked. "It was the best night of my life."

Alex shot Maria and Michael a look. "What are you guys talking about? You’ve spent the night in a motel…together…before tonight?"

Isabel laughed. She remembered that day oh so well. The look on Maria’s face when they had walked in an found her on top of Michael. "It’s a long story Alex. Happened way before you ever knew about our alien friends."

"Well could someone fill me in cause I don’t want to spend the night worrying about what might go on in the bed next to us." He smiled.

"When Michael kidnapped me and drove to Atherton’s house, my car broke down." She shot a look at Michael. "We were stuck in the middle of nowhere but then found this motel. We walked in and it was like this porno version of Aladdin. Michael slept on the floor while I slept on the bed." She looked over at Isabel. "Then, sometime in the middle of the night I heard a noise and got scared. When the door opened I turned and fell off the bed…straight on to Michael." She punched him playfully in the shoulder. "Max, Liz and Isabel thought they had walked in on something other than what was actually going on. Even when I told Michael here to tell them what was going on he said ‘Tell them honey, we don’t have to lie.’ I was definitely scarred by the situation." She smiled at Michael and Isabel. They had so many memories together. She was so glad that she had met them.

"Well I guess I just missed out on all the fun." Alex said. "Seems you guys did the most exciting stuff when I didn’t know about yous."

"Well were here now. Isn’t this exciting?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, I guess it is." He said with a laugh.

Alex pulled Isabel back onto him. He wrapped his arms around her neck and intertwined his hands with hers. He hadn’t gotten to spend too much time with Isabel lately. She’d been busy hanging out with Maria. "Izzy?" he asked. "Do you think we’ll find something here?

Isabel looked over at Maria and squeezed Alex’s hand. "I think the proof I need will be here. We’ll find out if our fathers are alive." She said nodding towards Michael. "Max will have what he’s looking for, and Tess…well…lets just hope she finds something too. Maybe she’ll want to stay in North Dakota with our fathers."

Michael looked at Isabel. "Yeah, I think there is something really weird about her. I mean, she doesn’t like Maria…that’s for sure. She makes that apparent. I just don’t understand what it is about Maria that she doesn’t like. She’s definitely influenced Max’s thoughts on Maria."

"That’s what I don’t understand." Isabel said. "He’s never trusted Tess before. Why now, all of the sudden, does he think she’s right. It just doesn’t make sense."

"I think we’ll find our answers in Grand Forks." Maria said. "I’m not sure if they will be good or bad, but I think we’ll find them."

"I hope so." Alex said. "Have you noticed how divided the group has seemed to become? Liz and Max seem to be spending more and more time with Tess and Kyle. You don’t think that they believe you aren’t an alien too do you?"

"I don’t know." Maria said looking at Michael. "It guess it’s possible. Liz hasn’t said anything to me if she does."

"We believe you." Michael and Alex said at the same time.

Isabel looked over at Maria and smiled. They had Alex and Michael on their side. That was all they needed.

"Well let’s get some sleep." Alex said when all was quiet. "I’m tired and we’re going to have a long day tomorrow."

"Your right about that!" Michael added. He got up off the bed and kissed Isabel on the forehead. "Goodnight, kid! I’ll see ya in the morning. Night Alex."

"Goodnight Michael." Isabel said.

Maria followed Michael over and kissed Alex goodnight. She then reached down and kissed her sister. "Goodnight, Iz." She said with a smile. "We’ll know everything tomorrow."

"I know," Isabel Said. "Goodnight. Love ya."

"We love you guys too." Maria said.

Michael shut off the light and pulled Maria in close to him. It was the first time they had gotten to sleep together since the night she’d spent the night when she first discovered her powers. He kissed her neck and then her lips. He was glad that Isabel and Alex were in the room with them. He didn’t know what would happen if they hadn’t been. He broke their kiss and looked into her eyes. "Goodnight, my Maria. I love you."

"Goodnight spaceboy." She said. "I love you too."

Isabel had snuggled up close to Alex. "Did you ever think our first time sleeping together would be like this?" she asked.

Alex blushed slightly. "To tell you the truth, I never expected to make it this far with you." He pulled her lips up to his and kissed her. His hands moved through her silky blonde hair and traced the outline of her arm. He pulled back and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, Izzy. I love you."

"Goodnight Alex." She said, reaching up and kissing his neck one last time, just in that right spot. "I love you too." She nuzzled closer too him, dreaming about what the next day would bring.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.