FanFic - Other
"The Summer of 2000"
Part 9
by Faile
Disclaimer: Roswell and the characters, and situations are owned by the WB and Melinda Metz. No infringement intended.
Summary: Can't wait till the fall, well this is what I think will happen over the summer! The story starts right where the season finale ends.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This section is center around Isabel and is actually really long. I guess I'm getting a little long winded. I'll try to make the next section more action packed. There will be some brother and sister interactions as well as some I&A, I hope you enjoy this all of you Stargazers.
Isabel stood in front of the mirror in her bedroom trying to get her hair just right. She had a date tonight with Alex and she wanted to look nice for him. She moved her hand over her hair using her powers to change her hair to an auburn color. She wondered what Alex would think of this new hair color. The auburn matched her outfit and the long dark curls contrasted well with her light skin. But she was introducing Alex to her parents tonight and didn't want her parents to see her change her hair color so she changed it back.

Isabel couldn't wait to see Alex tonight. This week has been one of the longest of her life and she just wanted to let loose tonight and be a normal teenage girl. Alex had a calming affect on Isabel and he knew how to have fun. Isabel reflected back to when she first started to get to know Alex. After Max's car accident, she, Max, and Michael were nervous about what Alex would do. Liz had asked Alex if they could use his blood to replace the blood that the nurse took from Max. Alex reluctantly agreed to this out of loyalty to Liz, but his loyalty only went so far. He wanted Liz to tell him what was going on, but when she didn't, he pulled away from Liz and threatened her with going to Valenti with what he knew. At that point, Isabel decided she should go into Alex's dreams and see what he was thinking. Isabel was surprised to find that she was in Alex's dreams. He was dreaming about dancing with her. He was so sweet to her in his dreams and it wasn't at all about sex! Isabel was used to guys drooling over her, but she never had a guy want to get to know her for who she was and not what she looked like.

When Alex found out the truth, Isabel got to know him better and she saw how sweet and kind he was. Isabel was glad to have Alex as a friend which she could really talk too. Most of her friends at school were superficial and she couldn't really talk to them. She had Max and Michael, but they were more like family. Sometimes a person needed to get away from family. Isabel could not relate to Maria or Liz very well, so that left Alex. So Isabel and Alex started hanging out more and more, but for Alex it was more than just hanging out. Alex fell hard for her and Isabel didn't know how to handle it. She wanted to keep Alex as a friend and she didn't want to confront her feelings which she had for Alex. She had been out on dates before, but Alex was the first guy who knew the truth about her and Isabel didn't know how to handle that.

When Tess came into town, Isabel thought she had finally found a person she could relate to and be friends with, but Tess used Isabel to get close to Max and Michael. So Isabel didn't really trust Tess as a friend anymore. She knew that Tess would be a part of her life for a long time to come, but for now Isabel preferred keeping Tess at a distance.

Isabel let her true feelings for Alex show only after she had an erotic dream about Michael. Isabel still felt guilty about this, but she wasn't at all attracted to Michael so that dream freaked her out a bit. She had always thought of Michael as a brother and then to have a dream like that about your brother was kind of creepy. Isabel wasn't sure if Alex ever figured out why she turned to him, but she had a feeling that it wouldn't matter to him. Alex knew what he getting into dating Isabel. He knew that someday she may have to turn away from him, but he was okay with that. He wanted to be with her now and that is all that mattered to him.

Isabel finished getting ready and then headed toward Max's room to see how he was doing. Max hadn't been himself since for awhile. A lot of things have happened to him over the last couple of weeks and he was trying to hold it together, but Isabel could tell he was holding on by a thread.

It all started when Nasedo had kidnapped Liz. Then the FBI captured him, held him in that white room, and did unspeakable things to him. Isabel could tell Max was still having a hard time sleeping so a couple of nights ago she decided to visit Max in his dreams to see what he was dreaming about. When Isabel was in his dreams, she saw some of the things that Pierce did to him and she understood why Max was so adamant about never being captured again. Max was trying to be strong for Isabel, Michael, and Tess, but what happened to him in that room is eating away at him and Isabel knows she's got to get him to talk about it with someone. While in his head, Isabel also saw that the thought of Liz was what got him through that ordeal. She wished she could get Max to go to Liz now. She has no doubt that Liz wouldn't turn Max away, but Max respected Liz's decision and he wasn't going to go to her no matter how much he wanted to.

Isabel used her powers to unlock the door to Max's room. She walked in silently and closed the door behind her. He was laying on his bed listening to music and staring at his ceiling.

"So you've switched to Sarah McLachlan as you're depressed music. I suppose that works. Her music has that depressed and yearning feeling to it."

Max turned to look at Isabel and asked, "What are you all dressed up for?"

Isabel sat down heavily on Max's bed, trying to get him to move and said, "I happen to have a date. Alex is coming over and we are going to this party out by the reservoir tonight. It is kind of an end of the year bash that some of the seniors put together for the whole high school. You should come. It will be a good chance for you to let loose and act 'normal'."

Max rolled over onto his side and put his head on his hand. "Will Liz be there?" he asked looking past Isabel and to the wall.

Isabel looked at her brother for a minute wishing there was something she could say or do to make it better and said quietly, "She may be."

"I don't want to make her uncomfortable, so I think I'll just stay in." Max then looked at Isabel and asked, "Are you sure you should be going with Alex?"

"What do you mean?" Isabel asked defensively.

"It's just that with all that we've learned over the last week, about why we are here and what we need to do. Wouldn't it be a good idea to kind of separate ourselves from everyone."

"Are you suggesting we separate ourselves from Mom and Dad?"

"No," Max hesitated, not sure how to say what he was thinking, "it's just that someday we may need to leave here and the less connections we have to this place, the better."

Isabel stood up and walked across the room to her window. She didn't want to get angry with Max. She knew that she would never understand what he was going through, but Isabel also knew that Max couldn't and shouldn't tell her how to live her life. He was her brother, not her master. Isabel turned toward Max and said, "I need to see Alex. I need to have someone to talk to who isn't concerned with how much I used my powers today. Someone who doesn't boss me around. He realizes that I may someday leave him and he's okay with that."

Max sat up on the bed and looked at Isabel. "Do I boss you around?"

"A little," Isabel said, smiling. "It's just that all we ever do together now is work on improving our powers and discuss strategies if these enemies ever show up. We don't have a 'normal' life anymore. Alex gives me a sense of normalcy which I miss and I can talk to him about anything and everything and he understands."

Max looked at his sister and understood. Isabel needed an outlet. She loved Max and Michael like family, but sometimes family wasn't enough. Max wished Liz could be his outlet, but what they shared was too intense. They couldn't share a few tender moments and then walk away from each other. With Max and Liz, it was all or nothing. Max laid back on his bed and stared up at the ceiling again wishing there was a way he could be with Liz. He reached out with thoughts and feelings to find Liz. He had been doing this more and more lately and he found that he could tell exactly what she was she doing when he did this. Right now Liz was serving some annoying customers at the Crashdown. She was obviously exasperated with their constant demands, but she kept a smile on her face.

"Earth to Max. Come in Max," Isabel said to Max. He had gotten a far away look in his eye and she was sure he was thinking about Liz.

Max turned his head to look at Isabel and smiled, "Sorry about that. I've been pretty tired lately. I'm not able to sleep much at night."

Isabel walked over to the bed and sat down by her brother. "Look, Max, you need to get out tonight. Why don't you call Michael and see what he is up to?"

"He's working tonight." Max smiled and said, "Would you believe Milton gave him a job as the night time janitor at the UFO Museum? I guess Michael can be a smooth talker if he really wants to, because I had nothing to do with getting him that job."

Isabel smiled and responded, "Smoothness is not one of Michael's better known traits, but I guess he had to find a job somewhere and it was probably that or the cheese factory."

Max laughed at the thought of Michael working at the cheese factory. Michael wasn't much for hair nets or white and everyone at the cheese factory has to where white clothes and hair nets. At least at the Crashdown Michael got away with wearing a bandana on his head. "He said it would give him a chance to work on his powers, since there is no one else around at night. I told him not to call me if made a mess."

Isabel laughed with Max. She was glad to see her brother smiling. She just wished she could get him out of this house. Isabel then heard the door bell ring. "I better go rescue Alex, before Dad gives him the third degree. Call me on my cell phone if you want to meet up with us later," Isabel said as she started toward the door.

Max smiled at his sister and said, "I wouldn't want to intrude on your 'hot date'."

" 'Hot' is right," Isabel said laughing. "Do you think I chose the right outfit?"

"Let's see black mini-skirt, a practically non-existent blouse, I'd say Alex will be a happy man," Max said smiling at Isabel. She always knew how to drive the guys crazy.

Isabel flipped her hair and turned to go out the door saying, "Then I chose the right outfit." Isabel turned back to look at Max before closing his door and said, "Try to do something besides sit in here and listen to music. Go to a movie or a drive. Just get out of the house, okay?"

Max sat up on his bed. "I'll try Is, but I'm really tired so I may just conk out now. Have a good night."

"I will," Isabel said, smiling mischievously at her brother as she closed his door. She wished she could help him in some way. Hopefully he will be able to confide in her someday soon.

When Isabel approached the entrance of the living room, she saw that Alex was being interrogated her by her father. He was pretty good at interrogations since he was a lawyer.

"So, Alex, were you on that camping trip my daughter went on unexpectedly last weekend?" Phillip Evans asked Alex, who was obviously feeling uncomfortable. Phillip was seated in a chair across from Alex who was sitting on the couch. The thing about the couch is that when a person sits on it, they are sucked into it, so Alex looked about 5 inches shorter than he really was.

"Yeah, I was there along with Michael, Max, Liz, and Maria. We hadn't planned on being gone so long, but there was no way to predict the car trouble we had," Alex said trying to act nonchalant about it and looking Mr. Evans in the eye.

'Way to go, Alex' Isabel thought knowing her father respected a person who would look him in the eye.

"Enough with the third degree, Dad," Isabel said as she entered the living room. "Max and I have been over what happened on that camping trip about a hundred times now." Isabel turned to Alex who was getting up from the couch and smiled saying, "You must forgive my father. Sometimes he lets his lawyer side come through even while at home."

Phillip Evans got up from his chair and turned to face his daughter. "Give me a break, Izzy. It's the right of every father to interrogate his daughter's dates, especially when the daughter is wearing an outfit like that out." Phillip Evans walked over to his daughter grabbed her hand and kissed her on the cheek saying, "You look beautiful, honey."

"Thanks, Dad. Where's Mom? I wanted her to meet Alex."

"She's in the den working on the bills. I'll get her."

Phillip Evans walked of the room and Alex took the opportunity to walk over to Isabel and kiss her. "You look beautiful," Alex whispered into her ear.

Isabel smiled and pulled away from Alex. "If my father sees you doing that, he may not let me leave the house with you."

Alex let Isabel pull away. He certainly didn't want to get on Mr. Evans' bad side, but Alex was surprised that her father let her leave the house when she was dressed like that. She looked stunning, but not at all like a high school girl.

Mr. and Mrs. Evans came back into the living room and Isabel introduced Alex to her mother. Isabel was anxious to be alone with Alex so she made some excuse about being late and they left.

Isabel and Alex walked out to Alex's car and Alex opened the door for Isabel. When Alex got into the car, Isabel reached for him and gave him the kiss she wanted to give him a minute ago in her living room. A girl wouldn't know it by looking at Alex, but he was a great kisser. He was so giving when he kissed. Most guys Isabel went out with were more interested in progressing the kiss to the next level. Alex would play with her hair, ears, and neck, making her feel like that he would be happy kissing her like this forever.

Isabel finally pulled away saying, "We better get going. It might not be a good idea to have my Dad look out the window and see his daughter making out with her boyfriend in his car."

Alex smiled and started the car. "You're right. I definitely don't want to have to go through the third degree with your father again. So where do you want to go first? The party won't really pick up for at least another hour. Are you hungry? We can go grab something to eat."

"Actually, I was thinking we could go to the party now and if it is a drag we can find something more interesting to do," Isabel said smiling at Alex.

"More interesting, huh? What could that be?"

"I'm sure we can think of something."

"You're probably right. Well then it is off to the reservoir," Alex said lightly and turned on the radio.

Isabel looked over to Alex and smiled. She was so lucky to have him. "Thanks, Alex."

Alex turned to Isabel and asked, "For what?"

"For being there for me at school on Tuesday. For listening to me and not expecting anything from me."

"Don't get all mushy on me Isabel. You told me you wanted to have a night out as a 'normal' kid and that is exactly what I am going to give you," Alex replied smiling at Isabel. "So tonight is about having fun and there will be no Czechoslovakian talk."

"Czechoslovakian?"

"That is the term Maria and Liz use to talk about you, Max, and Michael. It is supposed to be more discrete than alien, but since Czechoslovakia is a country which no longer exists, I don't think it works very well."

Isabel laughed at the thought of Liz and Maria going around calling her a Czechoslovakian. It was typical Maria, she must have started it. They had such a great friendship. Isabel was jealous of the closeness they had. She had never been that close to a girl.

When Alex and Isabel pulled up to the reservoir, there was already quite a party going on. They got out of Alex's car and headed toward the party holding hands. Alex could tell that all the guys were looking at him and Isabel and wondering how the hell he got so lucky. All the girls were wondering what she was doing with him. Alex didn't care what any of these people were thinking. He just wanted to enjoy every minute he could with Isabel. Liz had asked him to get some information when he went out with Isabel tonight, but he promised to show Isabel a good time and that couldn't involve pumping her for information. So Alex was going to focus on what Isabel wanted tonight and nothing else.

Alex and Isabel spent the next hour dancing and talking to friends. At 10:30pm Isabel had enough and asked Alex if they could get out of here. As they were heading back to the car, they ran into Kyle, Maria, and Liz.

"Hey Alex.Isabel," Kyle said hesitantly, avoiding eye contact with Isabel. "Are you guys leaving already? I had to literally drag these two out tonight, but I finally succeeded. You guys should stay awhile."

Isabel could tell that Kyle wasn't comfortable with her, but she guessed that would take time. If Maria could get used to it, then anyone can.

Alex responded saying, "We've had our fill of drunk teenagers so we're outta here. We'll catch you later."

"See ya," Maria and Liz said simultaneously, looking expectantly at Alex.

When they got back to Alex's car, Isabel asked, "What is up with them?"

Alex looked in the direction that Kyle, Maria, and Liz had walked and answered, "We can't get into that, because that involves Czechoslovakian issues."

Isabel laughed and took Alex's hand, "No Czechoslovakian issues tonight. So where do you want to go now?"

"I don't know," Alex pulled Isabel's hand to his mouth and kissed it lightly. "This night is for you. It is your decision."

"How about we head to Buckley Point and do some stargazing?" Isabel quietly suggested to Alex, looking at him with suggestive eyes.

Alex smiled and replied knowing exactly what Isabel was thinking, "Not much stargazing goes on at Buckley Point."

"Well, we don't have to stargaze."

Alex started the car and peeled out of the parking lot. Isabel sat in the passenger's seat laughing at him, because she knew he was playing around with her.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.