FanFic - Other
"The Truth of it All"
Part 2
by Michael Sim
Disclaimer: The characters and settings in this story are the property of Jason Katims productions and the Warner Brothers Corporation. Tabasco Brand Sauce is the trademark of the McIlhenny Corporation. All use is for the sole intent of fictional storytelling.
Summary: Taking place before Christmas time, Max learns certain truths about himself and those around him after facing a familiar enemy.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
We’re out on a desert highway, Alex is driving the Jeep with Isabel next to him, her head on his shoulder. They are coming back from the film festival.

Alex: Thanks for coming out to the festival with me. I thought it was great. That castaway movie from the Las Cruces University student was outstanding. I’ll have to find out the name of that lead actor.

Isabel: I think his name was Tom or something. Anyway, don’t thank me, Alex. I expect a dinner when we get back in town.

Alex: More than happy to oblige. It’s nice to have just a little time off, have a great afternoon with a beautiful woman.

Isabel: Oh stop it.

Alex: No. I think it’s time someone shows their appreciation for you.

Isabel: Thanks.

Isabel gives Alex a peck on the cheek and neck before snuggling his neck again. Both look very content.

Isabel: What a perfect day.

In Roswell, Sean DeLuca is outside Liz’s front door. He holds a bouquet of white roses in one hand as he knocks on the door with the other. Liz, dressed very nicely for a night on the town, opens the door.

Liz: Hi, Sean.

Sean offers her the flower.

Liz: I love white roses.

Sean: You look absolutely wonderful… Ready to go?

Liz: Yeah.

We switch to them in a car, Sean driving.

Sean: So what’s been going on here in little ol’ Roswell since I took my unintended vacation. Anything interesting?

Liz: Well, you know, it’s the same old thing.

Sean: You don’t have to be worried about me Liz. I’m still the same old Sean that you knew as a kid. Don’t you remember the time you, me, and Maria… we took that trip to the state fair. Those were the good times.

Liz is starting to blush.

Sean: You do remember.

Liz: I was, what, 8 years old, and you were 10. That was a long time ago.

Sean: Not that long ago. (looking at Liz) I see you smiling a bit there.

Liz: (now smiling a lot) Okay, okay, I admit it! You were my first kiss. But I hardly think the duck ride would count as a the most romantic hotspot.

Switch to Max, locking up the UFO Center and walking up the street. He’s just finished his tough day helping Brody clean up the UFO Center. He has to walk home since Isabel took the Jeep. He notices a car approaching and recognizes Liz and Sean, looking happy inside as they drive by. They don’t notice him. Max, in disbelief, just watches as the car drives off.

Switch again to Tess pulling out her keys to open the front door of the Valenti house. As she is about to put the key in, the door opens. Kyle is there with an apron on.

Tess: Kyle!

Kyle: Come in, please.

Tess: What’s going on?

She comes into the house. The dining table is set with the good plates and good silverware. Two candles and wine glasses finish the décor.

Tess: What do I smell? Have you been cooking?

Kyle: Well, you have been doing so much of the cooking since you got here, so I thought, I should return the favor.

Tess: That is so sweet!

Kyle: Please, relax, have a seat… let me get some music on…

Kyle goes to the stereo and dials up some soft, slow jazz. He goes into the kitchen and returns with a beverage and a bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Kyle: Have a drink and I’ll have dinner ready for you very soon.

Tess watches with a smile as Kyle disappears again into the kitchen.

Max gets home and as he comes through the door, he bumps into his adoptive parents, the Evans, who are dressed for the night and on their way out.

Mrs. Evans: Max.

Max: Hi mom, hi dad. Where are you going?

Mrs. Evans: Your dad got this crazy idea to have dinner and drinks tonight.

Mr. Evans: Your mom and I haven’t had much time for ourselves in awhile.

Mrs. Evans: You’ll be okay alone tonight, Max?

Max: Yeah. You two go out and have fun.

Mr. Evans: See you later…

As they exit, Max again does the sigh, shrug reaction as he did earlier in the day.

Scene switches to a restaurant. Liz and Sean are having dinner.

Liz: So, why don’t you tell me more about what happened to you, you know…

Sean: You mean during my unfortunate incarceration?

Liz nods.

Sean: Well, I can tell you, the food and company were definitely not a delicious nor pretty as they are here.

Liz blushes again.

Sean: Prison does give a guy time to think about how things are, what to do with himself.

Liz: And what do you want to do, with yourself?

Sean: Good question. And I’m still trying to work that out, but there is one thing I do know.

Liz: What’s that?

Sean: I learned that you only have so much time in this life and if there’s something out there that you want, you have to go after it.

Liz has a look of realization as does Sean.

Switch to Max, falling over into his bed, exhausted and discouraged. He lays looking at the ceiling, thinking. He eventually gets up and goes to the window where he notices a piece of paper stuck through a slit. He pulls it through and opens it to read:

Max, I need to talk to you. Please come by my place tonight as soon as you get this message. Liz.

Max automatically get up and grabs his sweater on the way out of his room.

Back at the Valenti household, Tess has changed to an attractive dress and Kyle has also put on a casual suit. They are seated at the dinner table as Kyle is serving dinner.

Tess: You really didn’t have to do this Kyle, thank you.

Kyle: Well, this is bonding time of you and me remember.

Tess smiles her reply as they clink wine glasses and sip.

Kyle: Anyway, I tried to cook something that I hope you would like.

Tess takes a bite of her food.

Tess: Hey, this is actually really good.

At this point, Kyle takes a bite himself and starts to choke, it is so spicy!

Tess: Kyle are you okay?

Kyle: Yeah… just gotta get used to, uh, the flavor.

Tess: You didn’t have to put the same amount of Tabasco in your food as in mine.

Kyle: (while drinking lot of fluids) No… you’ve suffered through our food for long enough so I thought I should try some of yours.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.