FanFic - Other
"This World"
Part 1
by Erin
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the 'Roswell' characters. They belong to those awesome people at the WB and I am borrowing them. Please don't sue me. I'm a poor high school student without a job, who writes fanfiction to let the muse out. If you do, I promise you that you won't get anything important, other than my violin or guitar and some picture albums...
Summary: All right! I was listening to my Caedmon's Call CD and I got inspired to write this piece. If you have the CD, you know what song I'm talking about, but I'm not revealing it at this point, it'll ruin the fic! So...
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
The bell jingled as four outsiders walked into the Crashdown Cafe. It was truly amazing how much it still looked and smelled the same. They even had some of the same waitresses! All of them looked around curiously to see who was dining at their once favorite hang out, the place that actually began everything.

As they sat down, a familiar looking short blonde woman was walking over to take their order. When she was in range to see who the customers were, she quickly turned and ran into the break room.

"Lizzie!" she exclaimed when the door had swung closed. "Lizzie! You're never going to believe who's out in the Crashdown."

Liz looked up from her books. She was studying at Harvard to be a molecular biologist and her summer vacation was packed full of studying and reading more about the material for her fall classes.

"Guess!"

"Hmm..." Liz pondered. "Matt Damon?"

"Not quite," Maria said. "Take a look for yourself," she completed as she led Liz to look out in the cafe.

Liz scanned it quickly with her eyes landing on one booth.

All that she said was, "They're back," and then, she walked out into the restaurant to get a better look.

* * * * *

"We should have known that the service would still suck," Michael complained, as he looked around the cafe for a certain individual.

"Oh, come on, Michael. You know that you came here to see Maria," Isabel giggled.

Michael just rolled his eyes and then continued scanning the restaurant.

He was so engrossed in his search that he didn't hear the waitress come up and ask for their orders. He snapped out of it when Isabel punched his shoulder.

"What can I get for you today, sir?" the waitress asked, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor.

Her voice sounded familiar...

Michael looked up at the waitress to give her his order. And when he raised his gaze to meet hers, he found the same soulful green eyes that he had missed over the past five years.

She was still as beautiful as she was in high school, before they left. Actually, she looked almost the same because she had cut her hair back so that it made her look like a fairy.

"Maria..." he whispered.

"That's my name," she said, rolling her eyes. "What do you want to eat?"

"Um... a Will Smith and a cherry coke," he managed to say.

"Your tastes haven't changed at all," she called back to him as she walked over to the kitchen to give the chef their orders.

Part 0 | Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.