Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Troubled Paradise"
Part 1
by Eva
Disclaimer: All the characters in this story are based on the show and it's characters, and do not belong to me. It is merely my imagination.
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG
Author's Note: The idea came to me while I was bored trying to entertain myself. It is a follow up from Episode 1 of Season 1 after Max saved her, Í've tried my best to make it interesting so i would love to get your feedback. Enjoy and lat me know what you think of it.
"Liz, he's looking at you again, his eyes follow you around" Maria said as she passed Liz with few orders, turning around to Liz again, "I'm telling you, he's interested".

Automatically Liz's eyes scanned the cafe until it spotted Max in the corner booth of the CrashDown, sitting with Isabel and Michael. His light brown eyes focused on her, smiling at the sight of her in her uniform.

"What are you waiting for" Maria grabbed Liz by her arm, " go and take their order" pointing with her chin towards the booth.

"I don't think I can, I'm getting self-conscious, now that you mentioned him staring" Liz put a strand of loose hair behind her ear, glancing at Max's booth and smiled as she saw him still looking their way.

Maria gave a sarcastic laugh, "you're a waitress, taking order is your job" she cupped Liz's face in her hands, "unless you want to get fired".

"HEY" Michael said loud enough for them to hear him, "are you two going to work or stand around talking" with a smirk on his face, " I'm hungry here".

Liz sighed a clear sign of I'm-going-in and got her notepad and pencil inching towards them "so ready to take your orders?"

"Yeah, about ten minutes ago" Michael looked playfully, "but you wouldn't know would you."

"Michael" Max finally spoke in a I-don't-want-you-annoying-her voice, "sorry, he didn't mean that"

"No, actually I'm sorry" Liz looked at Max then to Isabel, "so what will you take".

"I'm not in a mood for something salty" looking at the menu then up at Liz, Isabel hadn't even smiled, "so bring me your best cake".

"And Michael" Liz asked as she jotted down Isabel's order.

"Do you have crullers?" with a hopeful look.

"Amm, no sorry we don't actually have that here, something else" wanting Michael to choose anything but just hurry, I want to hear Max's voice again, wait where had that thought come from. What's so special about Max's voice? She thought.

"Ok then" obviously disappointed, "put me down for one blueberry pie and cherry cola".

"And Max" the word Max had obviously come out loud enough for everyone in the cafe to hear because she felt everyone's eyes on her. Again starting to feel self-conscious she lowered her voice, "what about you?"

"Amm, lets see" Max picked up one of the menu off the table, "I'll take a Will Smith and an Alien encounter" he watched Liz's face as it started to look pink, blushing he thought.

"Amm, yeah sure. Anything else" trying to avoid Max's powerful gaze as it made her feel like her bones had melted away and her knees actually started shaking, knocking against each other. Oh please don't let anyone see me, I've already been embarrassed enough today.

"That's about it" Max looked up at her and concentrated on the way her face was totally perfect in every sense to him.

'Amm, actually can you bring a bottle of Tabasco sauce" Isabel asked shaking the empty bottle of Tabasco sauce in her hand jerking Max out of his thoughts.

"Sure" tapping the notepad with the pencil, "ok" her mind totally froze the communication area as she got more aware of Max's eyes on her, "I'll be back". God could you be more pathetic, I mean that's all you had to say 'I'll be back' Liz thought to herself as she made her way to the kitchen.

* * *

"Here you go guys" putting down a piece of blueberry pie and cherry cola, " here you go Michael and Isabel for you I bought chocolate moose, how does that sound" Liz placed it in front of Isabel and waited for her remark.

"Nice choice, I like it, thanks" flipping a piece of loose hair off her face.

"And one Will Smith and an Alien encounter for Max" before he had a chance to look at her she turned back to Isabel, "and our famous Tabasco sauce you all seem to like a lot" with a wide grin she placed it in front of Isabel.

Suddenly Max slid out of the booth and headed towards the counter to pay for the food they ordered. "Where's he going?" Michael asked looking straight at Max, "hey Max, what're you doing?" with a raise of one eyebrow, he was pretty good at that.

Max didn't say anything he just looked at the entrance of the café. Michael and Isabel turned around quickly to see what Max meant. Sheriff Valenti. The sheriff had parked his cruiser next to Max's jeep and was headed this way. Isabel started sliding out of the booth and Michael followed.

"Aren't you guys going to eat?" Liz sounded confused.

Michael moved closer to Liz, close enough for her to feel his warm breath on her skin, his eyes flicked towards the entrance, "we kind of lost our appetite". Then he followed Isabel out the door towards the jeep.

The sheriff smiled at few costumers outside the café, then he came in, "Afternoon Ms Parker" she couldn't see his eyes, he always wore sunglasses everywhere, she was petty sure his eyes had cold-stone expression like his face always did. For few days Liz had seen the sheriff almost everywhere she was, like he was following her or something, "you seem to have costumers out front".

Liz didn't say anything. She had started getting the creeps just having him stand there. She went passed him through the heavy glass doors of the café and went outside. There were few costumers, probably tourists, then she recalled them smiling at the sheriff, nope definitely tourists she thought. Hardly any teenager in Roswell smile at the sheriff except his son Kyle, who thinks his father is some kind of a hero.

"Hi, welcome to the CrashDown" pulling out her notepad Liz smiled, "what can I bring you.or would you like to start with drinks while you decide".

"What's the best drink you got?" the girl asked smiling.

"That would be cherry cola, almost everybody loves it" she heard the café's door open turning around she saw Max coming out, that's what he loves too. After seeing Max she lost count of what the costumers were saying, her eyes and her mind were totally fixed on Max. Handsome Max with his deep-light brown eyes, brunette hair she wished she could run her hands through, body with muscles that girls go gaga for and his voice which melts her from the inside. He was irresistibly attractive, in another word a total babe, one of the hottest but yet a single.

Max was looking straight ahead at Michael and Isabel waiting to cross the road to the parking and suddenly when the coast was clear he turned and saw Liz staring at him practically drooling, he smiled. The smile, which lit his whole face, perfectly sexy smile, which made Liz, feel like he was the only person on earth. She could stand there and watch him all the time and never get tired. She felt a grin spread across her face.

She saw something from the corner of her eyes, which made her feel guilty, guilty of something that she had no idea of. She tore her gaze away from Max, a car what's so weird about the car, "the color" she said to herself. Wait what about the color and without realizing she said "almost like. like.blood" she had a weird feeling about this, it's just a car probably waiting for parking.

"Excuse me" a shout interrupted her thoughts, " excuse me, we were ordering something" one of the tourist said.

"Oh, sorry" totally startled by them, she calmed herself down, "I.am.I am so sorry, I was just."

"Yeah we know, that guy is pretty amazing" the girl looked at Max. Liz felt a pang of jealousy but forced herself to listen to the costumer, "but we were in the middle of ordering our food".

"Sorry, I didn't get your order, do you mind if, could you please repeat it for me" Liz's eyes tried to rush over to glance at Max but kept in control.

"She ordered cherry cola and I asked for a root beer" the guy told her.

"Will that be everything" Liz jotted down the orders. The guy just nodded.

She started towards the door but turned around instead, don' t know what made her do that but she just did. Max was still looking at her but this time he looked serious, almost scared, scared of her. He turned around and started to cross the road. Liz's eyes grew wide as she watched, the car, the car was speeding, aiming at Max. Oh no, Max get off the road, her mind cried. She wanted to scream at him but she felt like something was squeezing her throat making it impossible for her to even make a sound. No, no, no, no her mind kept screaming but within seconds she saw the car collide with Max. His body was thrown up in the air, like a football at a match. He fell down on the roof of the car then rolled down the back dropping on the road, "Max" finally but too late.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.