FanFic - Other
"What Tangled Webs We Weave"
"Maria's P.O.V."
Part 4
by Love
Disclaimer: Don't own it.
Summary: See "Author's Note."
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: If you have ever seen the movie "Go," then you'll know what I'm doing. If you haven't, here's the deal: It has no plot, which is exactly where this story is going. In "Go," you see the same story three times from four different character points of view and the whole story coming together at the end. That's what this will be, only there will be six points of view, which means there should be seven parts, including an epilogue. Let's see if this works, and please don't slam it, because it's supposed to be smut.
"Come on, Max!" I cringed at the shrill voice that called to the guy sitting at our table. I glared at the ditzy blonde that walked up to out table, but she just ignored me. This chick just did not know when to stop. The three of us were having a pretty good conversation, and Tess just walked right up and ruined it. Someday I would just like to strangle that chick.

I saw the dangerous glint in Liz's eye when she looked at Tess, so to prevent her from doing something stupid, like starting a fight, I dug my fingers into her arm and held a firm grasp.

Liz surprised me by turning to me and loudly exclaiming, "Guys are *so* pathetic. You think they're happy just being themselves around you and then they go off and do something stupid." I laughed nervously, half of me proud of Liz for trying to stand up to Max and Tess. The other half of me wanted to scream at her for saying something so stupid. Max was studying his shoes, and Tess started to shoot Liz "looks." If she could have shot rays out of her eyes, Liz would be dead. Liz noticed this, so she stood up and turned to me.

"I'll meet you at the Crashdown after school, okay?" I was about to answer her when Tess jumped in-unwelcome- and answered Liz.

"That is such a good idea! Why don't we all meet at the Crashdown after school and watch you two slave away while Max and I cuddle?" *Now* I was staring to get angry. First of all, I don't appreciate being made fun of. Second, Tess knew she was hurting Liz and that made me want to kill her. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore and I lost it.

"You know Tess, us humans, we actually have to work so we can have money. We don't have to use mind control to get what we want." I could see the surprise flicker in Tess' eyes; then they narrowed into green slits. I just smiled sweetly and said to Liz, "Come on Liz. Let's get out of here. I've had enough of these losers."

I could tell Liz was trying hard not to lose it in front of Max and Tess, so I walked as fast as I could to get out of earshot. As soon as we were safe, Liz let it go and started to laugh hysterically. When she stopped laughing long enough to speak, she slapped my hand. "Good one," she congratulated me. I was somewhat proud of myself for standing up to Tess, but I also knew that what I had done was stupid.

"Liz, we need to be careful around them. You never know what Tess could do." Liz could see that I was worried for both of us, so she reached over and hugged me tight. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. But will you?" I nodded, saddened by the memories Liz's question drudged up. She was referring to my relationship with fellow alien Michael Guerin, who had broken it off for good so he could date Max's sister Isabel.

"Why don't I believe you?" Liz's question brought a tiny smile to my lips. All of a sudden Liz grabbed my arm and dragged me into the bathroom. I was caught off-guard, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what was up. Michael was probably behind us with Isabel, coming over to talk. They had both tried to make things all right again, but nothing would ever be all right without Michael.

When we got into the bathroom, Liz leaned against the far corner. I was a little worried because she had been sick lately, but I didn't say anything about that. Instead, I picked an easier topic.

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing."

I punched her in the arm. "Liar." She smiled at me, but her mood stayed gloomy. We sat in silence until Liz's cell phone broke it. We both jumped. Liz looked at me and we both laughed at how stupid we were.

"Hello?" I wasn't looking at Liz, and I saw her face hardened as she listened to the person on the other line.

"Hi. What do you want?" Oh no, I thought. It's Max. Or Michael. Or Isabel. Nothing prepared me for what was going to happen next. Liz's face became a mask of disbelief and fear. I saw it drain of color as she whispered, "We'll be right there." I put a hand on her arm.

"What's wrong?" She turned to face me, her brown eyes thick with fear.

"That was Tess. Max collapsed. They're going to the hospital."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.