FanFic - Other
"What the Lord Giveth..."
Part 4
by Catlover
Disclaimer: Roswell, the story line and the characters do not belong to me. No, it is the sole property of the WB, the lucky buggers. I only have the current concept and a couple original characters to call my own.
Summary: Following the four square episode, The Federal Government beefs up it's surveillance at the very moment when the Roswell teens are trying to conceal a startling revelation.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Some people live their lives safely. Some people never suffer the repercussions of their actions. Some people never face the satisfaction of having triumphed over great challenges. I used to be one of those people. I woke up every morning, did my routine and called my existence: Life. I was protected, in that I was ignored. I was safe, in that I had nothing, no information, anyone would ever want from me. My greatest challenge was finding an eye shadow that matched that hideous waitress uniform I used to wear at the Crashdown. I don’t know if my life seemed that way because I was in high school or because I was in Roswell. I don’t think I’ll ever really know. Too much has happened now for me to ever go back, not that I would want to. You see, I’m not one of those people anymore, nor are any of my friends and hopefully neither will you be. I’ve taken risks and jumped into the abyss with both feet and loving Michael was just the beginning.

From the beginning, something told me that Michael was an alien. At first, Michael was just strange, different from everyone else and, in that way, alien. When I finally got to know him, the fact that his kind came from another planet didn’t bother me because, by that point, I had realized that he and I were not alien to each other. Loving an alien may seem dangerous to some people, but I wasn’t attracted to Michael’s danger; instead I was attracted to the softer side he rarely exhibited, even to me.

Being together hasn’t always been easy. At times, it’s been very hard. At first, Michael used to beat himself over the sacrifices he believed I made to be with him. What he didn’t realize was that following him was easy, leaving him would have been the real sacrifice. I can’t begin to know what Michael did to himself when I was kidnapped, but I do know that saving me healed him as nothing else could have. Being an alien had finally helped someone, instead of hurting them.

Like I said, saving my life helped Michael more than anything else could have. When I came to, He was leaning over me and the hunters were gone. I can still remember the look of awe on his face as he ran his hand over the green light shining from my abdomen. I saw the pride in his eyes. Not only because he was going to be a father, but because he had single-handedly saved his child’s life. We stayed at the duplex until the next day, waiting for Liz and Alex to call. After Liz, Vellena and Alex came back, Michael took me home and we gave a thirty days notice to our landlord. A couple of days later, all six of us moved into new apartments in Pasadena. Once again, we lived only a few blocks from each other, but this time, Michael insisted on a two-bedroom apartment and I found a way for us to afford it. I guess it was more practical in the end.

Now, over a year later, I sit here staring at the swell of my stomach, rocking back and forth in the chair Michael placed next to the crib in what will be your own room. I’m anxious to meet you. I can’t wait to give this journal to you, to watch you read it. If it bores you to tears, then blame Liz because she’s the one who gave me the idea. Ooh! That was a big one and only seven minutes since the last one. I guess you are going to come out today. Anyway, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since I never knew what to expect during this pregnancy. I couldn’t get traditional pre-natal care. Max contacted Alma and asked for her help. Every few months, I visited Alma’s cousin, Gloria, and she did what she could for me, but I don’t want you to feel that I did anything I didn’t want to do. Having you is the best decision I ever made.

Luckily, it was a decision I didn’t have to make or live with alone. God! I wish you could have seen the look on Michael’s face when we were shopping for all your furniture. A happier man I’ve never seen. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve woken up to find him rubbing my belly and your bright glow. At those moments, the love in his eyes was almost blinding. It makes me glad when I think that you will never know the pain that comes from not knowing whether your Father loves you or not. Your Father’s love will be as constant in your life as it has been in mine. There was a time when I wanted something that was just mine. I don’t want that anymore. Now, I’m happy to share you with Michael and all the other members of my family.

October 1, 2004

Weekly Log Entry

Written by Maria DeLuca

Part 3 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.