FanFic - Other
"Who Do You Love?"
Part 8
by Michael Sim
Disclaimer: The characters and settings in this story are the property of Regency Television, Jason Katims Productions and the Warner Brothers Corporation. All use is for the sole purpose of fictional storytelling.
Summary: This is a sequel to the fanfiction story "The Truth of It All." Max and Isabel react against each other after learning of Isabel's past treachery. Maria and Michael are forced into a tense situation with Sean while Tess and Liz's relationship grows.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I did this in a different style from my other stories just to try something new. It's definitely a tougher format in which to write and much longer.
Michael is driving Maria in the Jetta. They are headed into town to the arcade, knowing that that's where Sean spends most of his time.

Maria wonders what Michael is thinking. He was so caring and loving to her when she abruptly showed up at his place. She knows he doesn't like it, but she knew no one else she wanted to be with after the morning's events. However, Maria also can tell that Michael is really mad.

He's trying to hide it from me, but I know what's in his mind. I love that he wants to defend me, but I just don't want him to do something stupid. Enough stupid stuff has already happened today. I don't even know how I got through school today. I even avoided Liz because I didn't want her to know, at least not now. Why can't this day just never happen?! I wish that I had just kept my big mouth shut this morning. Why am I always looking to piss Sean off?

Maria understands that she isn't thinking right either. She is blaming herself for something someone else did to her. No matter what she has done to someone, they didn't have a right to hurt her. Yet, she was not yet at a point in her recovery to accept that.

Maria: You're not going to do anything dangerous are you?

Michael: No. I just want to talk to him.

The rest of the trip is spent in silence. What is there to talk about? Even though she knows it will be dangerous to confront Sean, part of Maria wants him to get his ass whipped. That would definitely help her morale.

They finally arrive at the arcade. Michael pulls the car into a space just outside. They enter looking and easily finding Sean. He is playing a one-on-one fighting game rather animatedly. Guess that's where he learns his moves.

Michael approaches him.

Michael: We need to talk.

Sean: (without looking up from his game) Go away, I got quarters on this game.

Michael slams his hand onto the game console, causing Sean to lose his match.

Sean: What the fuck!

For the first time, Sean looks up to see Michael with Maria right behind him. He immediately takes on a more aggressive posture and attitude.

Sean: What do you want?

Michael: Let's talk somewhere else.

Michael leads Sean out the backdoor of the arcade into an alleyway. Maria doesn't have good feelings about this. The last time she and Michael were in an alley, Max almost died and Michael almost got into a death match with Nicholas.

Michael casually pulls some cash from his clip and tosses them at Sean's feet.

Sean: What the hell's this?

Michael: Take the cash. Then get the hell out of Roswell.

Sean: You gonna make me.

Michael: Don't fuck with me. I will not put up with your bullshit.

Sean: And what if I don't?

Michael: Then you'll wish your sorry ass that you did.

Maria can't help feeling good that her Michael, her knight in shining armor, is defending her. On the other hand, she knows Sean won't go without a fight, and it scares her.

Sean: All the stuff that happened between Maria and me is between us, only. We're family.

Michael: I'm her family, not you. So make it easy on yourself, take the cash and leave.

Sean: Fuck you! I'm not going anywhere. I have the right to be here. Mess with me and I'll do a number on you as well.

Sean tries to leave, but Michael blocks his way back to the arcade.

Sean: Get out of my way.

Michael: Make me.

Sean pulls out a switchblade from his back pocket and take a quick swipe at Michael. Michael evades quickly but is nicked on his right side. Blood slowly trickles from the wound as Michael goes down on one knee, clutching his hurt flank.

Maria: Oh my God! Michael!

Sean: (turning to Maria) Do you ever shut up!

Before Sean can turn around, Michael jumps him and the two end up on the ground, struggling. Sean takes a stab at Michael, but Michael deftly blocks. With a quick head butt, he temporarily stuns Sean, but Sean quickly responds with a knee to Michael's already injured side. Michael crumples to the ground, groaning.

Sean unsteadily arises and turns his attention to Maria. Maria can see the craziness in Sean's eyes. Sean approaches Maria menacingly with his bloodied blade. Maria is paralyzed with fear. She knew the alley was bad news. She can't believe she's going to die in a filthy, damp alley.

Sean: You ruined my life, you bitch. Now you're gonna pay.

Michael: NO!

Sean is caught off guard by this sudden outburst. Michael is on his feet, holding his left hand to his injured side and his right arm outstretched. A great burst of white energy blinds Maria.

When she regains vision, Maria can see Michael still standing with his arm extended, almost panting. Maria is petrified, but garners enough courage to turn around. She sees Sean's body laying on top of a trash heap, he's obviously dead.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.