FanFic - Unconventional Couples
"Crossed Wires"
Part 2
by Pinaypoet
Disclaimer: Don’t own anything having to do with Roswell...the lucky Melinda Metz and Jason Katims do though....
Summary: In the aftermath of Destiny, Max and Maria find solace and love in the last place they expected to
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Maria had been too excited and nervous the whole day, anticipating her pseudo-date thing with Max. As she stepped out of her bathroom, fresh from a shower, she sat at her window trying to calm herself down and trying not to be so damn giddy. It was nothing to get excited about, really. “NO. Really.” She thought to herself. She sighed as she slowly combed her hair thinking about the events of the past week. So much had happpened and she wanted to let go of all the tension building up inside her. She wanted to enjoy tonight, worry-free.

As she stared blankly out of her window, she didn’t notice a dark figure watching her from the shadows, a figure that had been there every night, all summer long watching her and longing for something that he knew he shouldn’t be wanting. During the day, out in public, Michael knew that he could never show any kindness or concern for Maria because he knew he would only end up hurting her somewhere down the road. Yet he could not seem to get the image of her face out of his head, the hurt and the love he saw there that day he told her he loved her.

And today as she sat in the window looking out at the sky at the setting sun, the beautiful oranges and reds only succeeded in making her face glow. Michael thought she looked like an angel with this aura of innocence and genuine beauty. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from her. It was like looking into the sun, but he couldn’t turn away.. .That is until reality hit him. The stonewall was back and in full affect.

Frustrated, Michael ran his fingers through his hair and walked away. . . again. He knew what he really needed to focus on was his destiny. . . his mission. Yes that would be his salvation. So he decided it was time to get back to reality. He headed towards the Evans’ house, hoping that Max could somehow help. Yeah, his fearless leader would give him something to do... anything to get this image of Maria out of his head. So he took one last look and turned his back on the one woman he could and would ever love.

Meanwhile . . .back at the Evans’s house. . .

Max was just about to jump into the jeep to pick up Maria, when he ran into Isabel by the front door.

“And where are you off to all dressed up?”

“Er. . um.. nowhwere just gonna go hang out with Maria.”

Isabel eyed him from top to bottom, “And you need to be all dressed up and reeking of cologne to do that?”

“What are you talking about?” he stammered. “We’re just friends” Max admitted sounding somewhat guilty.

“Did I even say anything about that?” Isabel quipped. “But since you brought it up, I have been noticing you guys spending alot of time together.” She crossed her arms waiting for an answer like she was his mother or something.

“Look, its nothing. We just became really good friends over the summer and she’s really helped me get over Liz, that’s all.”

“I’ll bet she has” she said sarcastically and rolling her eyes at the same time. But Max was getting more and more uncomfortable getting the third degree from Isabel. Sensing his discomfort Isabel decided to let him off the hook.

“Okay, whatever. . . but you can’t take the jeep tonight.”

“What” Max asked wide-eyed, “Why can’t I take the jeep?”

“Well I just tried to drive it, and the battery was dead. I think I might have left the headlights on last night. And before you ask, yes I already tried to fix it...you know what I mean” she spat out.

“Damn” he whispered to himself. “What am I gonna do, I’m supposed to pick her up in half an hour.”

Isabel tried to stifle her giggle at Max’s obvious stress, “Easy loverboy. . .Why don’t you just call her and tell her to pick you up. She does have a car, you know.”

Max was still lost in stress land, “What? . . Oh yeah, ok, good idea. Thanks Isabel.” He walked awy obviously confused and scatterred.

“Okay” Isabel said, “that was strange.”

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.