Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Everything Has A Way of Working Out"
Part 1
by Nikki
Disclaimer: I do not own any Roswell characters or scenery that appears in this story.
Summary: Maria goes to the Valenti home and it's an interesting night for everyone.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I am a big Second Generation fan! I LOVE Kyle & Ria together. I want the writers to wake up and see that now with the Maria and Michael break up, it's the perfect time for Kyle and Maria to start spending alot of time together. This fic takes place three weeks after prom but Tess has moved out of the Valenti home. The thing with Alex never happend. The thing with Max and Tess either.
"Mom, are you absolutly sure about this? I mean I don't exactly like you dating him but your actully going to go through with this?" Maria DeLuca asked her mother as they were in the car driving over to the Valenti home.

"Maria! For the last time hunney, I know what i'm doing. Me and Jim are just not going to work out" Amy Deluca said fixing her lipstick in the mirror.

"Fine" Maria muttered under her breath as they pulled into the driveway.

Amy got out and knocked on the door while Maria stayed in the car. Jim Valenti opened the door and smiled. "Amy, you look beutiful as always" He said

"Ready to go?" She asked

"Definatly" He said as he stepped outside.

"Kyle! Maria's here!" Valenti yelled inside the house.

There was no reply. "Maria you can just go on in, he probably didn't hear me" Jim said as he and Amy walked to the car. Maria got out of the car and walked towards the door.

"Have a good time" She said flatly.

"What's with her?" Jim asked

"Bad mood, no big deal" Amy said as they got in and drove off.

Maria walked in the house and shut the door behind her. She walked to Kyle's room and knocked but there was no reply. She walked in and sure enough there was an empty room. She sighed and sat down on his bed. She found a sports magizine and opened it out of sheer boardom. She flipped through it a couple times.

"Board?" A voice from the door came.

"Hey Kyle" Maria said no emotion in her voice.

"I'm glad to see you too" He said sarcasticly with a smirk.

"Whatever" She said.

"Do you mind?" He asked

She was still looking in the magizine. "Mind what?"

"Mind getting out of the room, I need to get changed" He said.

"Why, what's wrong with what your-" She cut herself off as she looked up and realized he had just got out of the shower and was only earing a towel.

"Oh sorry" She said as she got up and walked out of the room.

He shut the door and got changed, then walked out into the kitchen. Maria was sitting on the counter.

"What's the matter with you? You and Michael having problems or something?" He asked as he got a glass of water.

"For your information, me and Michael broke up two weeks ago and no that's not it" She snapped.

"Sorry. Well then mind telling me what's wrong?" He asked quietly as he took a sip from the glass.

"It's my mom... She's breaking up with your dad tonight.Don't get me wrong, I think it was totally discusting they were going out and i'm glad they're breaking up it's just" Maria said.

"You don't want to see my dad get hurt?" Kyle finished her sentence.

"Exactly"

"My dad's tough, he can take it Maria. Don't worry" He reassured her.

"Thanks"

"For what?"

"I dunno, just thanks"

"ok..."

Maria looked around. "So, do you want to do something or sit around here in an erie silence?" She asked.

"Do you want to go for a swim? Dad has the new pool in and I think Tess has a swim suit here that she left" Kyle suggested.

"Ya ok" Maria said as she followed Kyle down the hall. Kyle handed her the suit. "I dunno... doesn't she have a one piece she left here or something?" Maria said looking at the swimsuit.

"Nope, sorry" Kyle said.

"Fine" She said as she went to the washroom to change. Kyle went to his room and changed into his swimming shorts. He went outside and got in the pool. Shortly, Maria came out with a towel around her.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad, let me see" Kyle teased.

"Alright, fine, but know laughing" Maria said as she dropped the towel. Kyle's mouth dropped.

"Well at least your not laughing" She muttered.

"No Maria it's not like that it's just, wow.." He said

"Is that a good wow or a bad wow?" She joked

"Definatly good"

Maria laughed and then sat down on the edge of the pool, dipping her feet in.

Kyle swam over and jumped up on the edge beside her. "You didn't deserve him" Kyle said after a moment of silence.

"What?" Maria asked cluelessly.

"You didn't deserve him, Michael I mean" He said

"Oh thanks Kyle" Maria said sarcasticly looking down at the water.

"No I didn't mean it that way... You're too good for him. Guerin doesn't know what he had and he'll regret that he didn't treat you better someday... You deserve someone much better, someone that will make you smile and laugh and won't piss you off all the time" He said.

"Thanks Kyle" She said as she looked him in the eyes.

"You know how many guys would kill at the chance to date you?" He asked

"Oh ya, like who?" She asked

"Like me" He said without realizing it.

"You would?" She asked blushing

"Well... ah... ya I would... but you probably are interested in someone already" He said

She smiled.

"Ya I am..." She said

"Just out of curiousity, who?" He asked hoping it wasn't another creep like Guerin.

She leaned in

"You" She whispered.

He leaned in and kissed her.

"I guess everything has it's ways of working out" She said.

THE END

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.