FanFic - Unconventional Couples
"The Closet"
Part 1
by Lori
Disclaimer: Owned by The WB and creators of ROSWELL.
Summary: What happens when Michael and Isabel end up in a closet together?
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
"I'm not playing any stupid party games,and I'm not going to any big party with a bunch of humans who I don't care about,that's all there is to it!" said Michael adamently.

"Michael. It's going to be fine . Just think , they could draw our numbers and we could be the ones in the closet getting to do whatever we want for 15 minutes, and no one would stop us." gushed Maria in her rapid fire way, her excited energy barely restrained.

Michael rolled his eyes and gazed at her from under heavy lids. This is so not what he wanted to do. He hated parties and this one was just going to suck in a big way. Party games. Who the hell played party games at things anymore. People ususally drank,puked, and made out. What more did you need? Of course being alien, he couldn't partake in the first two, but hell, even he liked a good make out session, especially if Maria was involved.

Maria tried again."Michael, pppllleeeaaasssee? Everyone is going to this party. Kyle may never get another opportunity like this and Tess is helping him. Max and Liz,and even Alex and Isabel are going. Please don't make me miss this party. Please?" she begged and pouted at him.

Michael sighed heavily and closed his eyes. The things he did to make out with Maria. "Okay fine! If it will shut you up, I'll go! But if they start playing 'Twister' or some other lame thing like that, I'm outa there."

Maria began jumping up and down clapping her hands and hugging and kissing Michael. "Oh thank you Michael! Thank you! You won't be sorry I promise!"

She suddenly quit jumping and put her hands to her face. "Oh my gosh, I've got to figure out what to wear! I've got to call Liz and see what she's wearing. Pick me up at 7:00. Bye!" And she gave Michael another quick kiss and left in a whirlwind out the door of Michael's apartment.

Michael gazed at the closed door. Jeez, what had he just agreed to? This was going to be one long , bad evening. If Maria and he didn't get chosen for the closet, then it would be even longer. Might as well find a clean shirt to wear. She would expect it.

*****

"Isabel, are you ready yet?" called Max from his room. He listened to the activity coming from her room and guessed she wasn't ready. Max shook his head and smiled a small smile. His sister could make anything a big event just by trying to figure out what to wear. He walked to her room and opened the door to find Isabel pulling a sheer light blue shirt over a white tube top that showed off her tan. She wore jeans that hugged her legs and behind like another skin ,and blue and white sandles with low heals.

Max frowned. "Is that what you're wearing?"

Isabel glanced his way and went to put on her jewelry. "Don't start with me Max. I'm going to a party where there will be other people besides our little group. Do you know how long it's been since we have done that ?" When he didn't answer, she reminded him. "The party at the 'Old Soap Factory'. I need a good party, so don't give me a hard time."

Max continued on into her room and looked at her up and down. "Yeah ,and we know how tht party ended. Isabel, that shirt is indecent and well...um...you're very developed at the top for that little bit of material to hold you....ummm... in," said Max a little embarrassed, ducking his head.

Isabel fought to hold in a smile. "Max, my top will 'hold me in'. Don't worry about me. Mom knows about the shirt. She doesn't like it, but she trusts me, and so should you."

Max could tell that he was not going to change Isabel's mind and so he decided to keep a watch over her that night. Since Isabel and Alex were just friends, he would get Alex to help him keep an eye on her.

"Let's go Max, Liz will be waiting and we still have to pick up Alex," said Isabel as she sailed out the door leaving Max in her wake to follow her.

******

Alex was in total agreement with Max about Isabel's clothes, and had agreed on the sly to help watch over her. Liz had taken one look at Isabel and knew that sometime tonight something exciting would happen. She didn't know what, but she could just feel it. She just hoped it wouldn't be trouble.

********

The house where the party was being held was in a well to do area and the owners were out of town. Kyle had been asked to house sit for them for the weekend. He had jumped at the chance to give a party. The crowd was big, after all a party at a big house, lots of liquor, and who knows what ,always made for a good time.

*****

Michael and Maria were standing by the hallway drinking cokes, when Max, Liz, Alex, and Isabel walked in. All of the guys eyes were on Isabel and her revealing shirt, each guy hoping that his and Isabel's numbers were chosen for the closet. After all, the only reason to dress that way was if you wanted action in the closet.

Michael choked on his sip of coke. What the hell was Isabel wearing ,and why hadn't Max stopped her?

Maria had also spotted their friends and said,"Oh my God! I can't believe Isabel wore that. She looks so hot, and every guy here looks like he wants to eat her alive."

Michael looked around and had to agree with Maria. Every male had his eyes fixed on Isabel. Michael felt the first stirrings of something he didn't want to name and tried to push them away. What did he care what Isabel wore?

The small group approached Michael and Maria. Michael couldn't stop himself from asking,"What the hell are you wearing Isabel? Are you trying to get jumped and humped?"

Isabel gasped along with the others. Michael could have kicked himself. What had possessed him to say that to her? But he was damned if he would take it back.

Recovering her composure, Isabel said,"Michael, I wore this for me and not for you or any other guy here. And for your information, if I want to be 'jumped and humped' as you so crudely put it, that's up to me and not you." She then turned and walked off swinging her hips and strutting her stuff at her friends.

Max looked at Michael."That was real smart Michael. Full of tact you are not. Don't you ever think before you speak?"

Michael looked from where Isabel had disappeared to Max. "You shouldn't have let her wear that Maxwell. She is going to get in trouble before the night is out, you mark my words."

Maria was mildly surprised at Michael's reaction to Isabel's clothes. Well, she told herself, Isabel is his friend, and he is just being protective. After the 'Destiny' thing she had worried, but when nothing ever happened between Michael and Isabel, then Maria had quit worrying. What was there to worry about? She trusted Michael.

*****

"Gather around everyone! Gather around! We are going to choose our lucky couple.", said Kyle as everyone came in close. They had laughed as couples were chosen to 'pass the apple', 'switch clothes', and had a 'who can kiss the longest 'contest. But now was the time everyone had waited for. The Closet. Everyone waited breathlessly, hoping that their number would be chosen and that they would get a "hottie' in the closet.

Isabel came out of the restroom and ran into Maria who was going in. "I would need to pee now! They're getting ready to call numbers for the closet. Oh, I hope it's Michael and me! Gotta pee!" said Maria dashing into the restroom.

Isabel walked slowly into the crowded room and gazed about. Kyle was enjoying the moment . He was really milking it. "Now we all know the rules. One of our lovely ladies will pull a number from the respective containers. The lucky guy and girl chosen, will spend 15 minutes in a locked closet. They are free to do what ever they want without interruption. Now, who will it be? Tess , come on down and choose a number and let the lucky couple commence to doing the naughties!"

Tess came up and pulled a number.

Kyle looked at the guys number first. "The lucky guy is....drum roll please." The crowd did a drum roll. "Number 35! Okay who has number 35?",called out Kyle as everyone searched the crowd.

Michael sat in shock. He had been chosen to go into the closet. He never believed he would be chosen. Now if they would just call Maria's number this wouldn't be so bad. But...oh shit! What if they didn't call her number? He hadn't considered that possabiliy. Shit!

Maria came around the corner as the guys number was called. "Oh my God! Michael, that's you! It's Michael! Now call my number!" screamed Maria, jumping up and down.

"Maria!" said Michael urgently,"What if they don't call your number? What am I supposed to do in the closet with some other girl? We didn't think about that!"

Maria quit jumping up and down, and her mouth dropped open. Oh my ...what had they been thinking? What if some other girl was chosen and wanted to do it with Michael? Oh shit!

Kyle called for the next number. "Okay ladies, one of you is going in the closet with the dark one here. He's dangerous and mysterious. Who's brave enough to go with him into the closet if their number is called?"

Isabel was standing with Alex, Max and Liz and they were stunned that Michael had been chosen. Then they laughed as they read the the exchange between Michael and Maria. They had at some point realized that Maria may not be chosen to go with Michael into the closet. Of all people to be chosen ,Michael was the last one who should have been picked.

"Ladies the number is 52! 52! Who has it? Who is brave enough to go with Guerin into the closet?", said Kyle.

Maria felt her heart drop. It wasn't her. Some other girl was going to the closet with Michael. She looked at him and then followed his gaze across the room to where Isabel stood in shock. Isabel! He was going in the closet with Isabel?

Isabel could not believe this was happening to her. She had the winning number and had to go into the closet with Michael. Everyone was expecting them to make out or more. She looked at him and found him watching her.

"Isabel, it's okay. It's Michael. You two can just talk and not have to worry about being in there with some stranger.", said Max. Alex and Liz thought that Isabel didn't want to be in the closet with Michael. They were sure that this was not going to be a good thing.

Kyle laughed as the crowd parted and escorted the couple to the closet. "Ah man, this is no fun. They're best friends. Nothing good will happen with them inside. Hey Isabel, I'll go in there with ya."

Tess hit him and looked at Michael and Isabel with sympathy. She knew their feelings , and knew that closet would be very revealing to them.

Michael and Isabel were shoved inside and the door locked. They found the light string and pulled the light on.

"Well what do we do now?" asked Michael, uncomfortable with being here with Isabel.

Isabel looked at the floor and then finally at Michael. "Well we could ...I mean...um...we could make out..." she finished weakly.

Michael stared at her. Did she just say they should make out? "Did you just say...?"

"Michael, relax. I know that I disgust you that way, and that you think of me as your friend. I was just joking," Isabel said blushing and looking a little hurt.

Michael watched her try to act casual and unbothered, but he knew her well enough to know she wasn't joking. She wanted to make out with him! "Isabel, I tried never to think about us that way after the dreams. I mean we've never even kissed. Not really. Only in dreams. I just....well, I don't know."

Isabel bit her lip to keep it from quivering. She saw this as her last chance to get Michael to kiss her. To see if the dreams were right. To see if they were meant to be together. Fate must be on their side to have put them here together at this moment. "Yeah you're right. It was just silly. Sorry to embarrass you," she said.

Michael's senses were coming alive being this near to her. She smelled so good and looked so good. "I didn't say no. I just meant, that I never thought you wanted to explore this." He looked away and back at her. "I'm game if you are. If it's gross, then we'll know it's not meant to be. If it's good well then we'll see."

They both moved a little selfconscienously toward each other, and Isabel held her breath as Michael leaned into her. She closed her eyes and knocked heads with him. "Ow! Sorry about that," Michael said rubbing his head.

"That's okay," said Isabel with a grin.

"Okay ,let's try again," said Michael. This time they connected without mishap and the soft kiss was a pleasant surprise to them both. They looked at each other and went for another try. This time the kissing was more intense, and Michael parted her lips with his tounge, and began to search her mouth inside. Isabel felt herself melting into Michael's body and moaning softly at the pleasure she was experiencing. His tounge sent shivers through her as it explored her mouth. She in turn played his mouth with her tounge until they're tounges did an insistent dance together. They finally parted and Michael drew an unsteady breath.

"Oh wow! That was so..."

"Yeah, I know! It was unbelieveable. Um, could we do it again?" she asked him shyly.

Michael grinned and leaned into her, kissing her long and hard while his hands began to run along her back, caressing her spine and sending shivers through her. Isabel ran her hands through Michael's hair and along his neck. They broke their kiss and he nuzzled her neck and began to kiss her at it's base. Her hair tickled his nose and he sneezed.

"Oh I'm sorry about that," he said.

"Uh, that's okay. Happens," she smiled.

He again went to nuzzle her neck , this time no sneezes. Isabel moaned and whispered his name. She ran her hands up his chest and began to unbutton his shirt. A button fell off in her hand as she tugged it out of its' hole.

"Oh Michael, I'm so sorry . I'll fix it later if you want."

"It's just a button Isabel, no big deal."

She kissed the skin she had been exposing with soft kisses, and a low moan began in his throat. He pulled her back up to him and kissed her again deeply and hungrily. His hands ran lightly over her tube top front and he could feel her aroused nipples. He gently pinched them and leaned down to take one material covered nipple into his mouth and pull it lightly. Isabel thought she had died and gone to heaven. This was so good. She wanted more. She grabbed at his pants and the button. He stopped her.

"No Isabel, I'm not going to do that with you here,"said Michael. At her confused look he added,"This is all new to us. I've had feelings for you for awhile ,and now I'm thinking you have had them for me too, am I right?" At her nod he continued,"Well if we are meant to be together, do you really want our first time to be in a closet with people hanging outside the door? I don't. I would just assume we wait for the right time, okay?"

Isabel nodded her head and rested it on his chest. She could feel his heart beating very fast. She could also feel the evidence that he wanted her, pressing into her stomach.

Michael brushed his hand down her long hair, and breathed in her scent. What was he going to tell Maria? He had thought that he never had a chance with Isabel, so he had pursued Maria. Not that he didn't care for Maria, he did, but Isabel made him feel things he had never felt with Maria. He felt complete. Whole.

******

The door suddenly opened and the crowd peered inside as Isabel and Michael jumped apart and departed the closet.

Alex noticed it first. The wet spots on Isabel's tube top. Oh my God! They had actually made out. They had actually done it.

Max noticed Isabel's hair. What a mess...what had they done in the closet? Surely they hadn't....no they didn't think of each other that way. Did they?

Maria noticed Isabel's lipstick on Michael's mouth and neck. The son of a bitch had made out with that lying tramp! She slowly walked up to them and saw that they avoided looking at her.

The crowd parted and watched in interest as Maria approached the couple who claimed to just be friends, but had apparently been making out heavily in the closet.

She walked up to Michael and slapped him hard on the cheek. "You son of a bitch... you lying son of a bitch. Just friends huh? What else have you been doing? You and your tramp stay away from me." She then ran out of the room and out the front door. Michael's cheek stung like hell, but he he knew he deserved it for the way he had hurt Maria. He looked at Isabel, who had winced when Maria had slapped him and then gasped when Maria had hurled the insults. Tears were in her eyes. They both glanced up to see the shocked look on Max's face. She pleaded with her eyes for understanding.

Michael looked defiant at Max, daring him to come between whatever he and Isabel might have. Liz and Alex were not so much shocked as they were dismayed. They suspected that Michael and Isabel had been fighting their inner feelings, but they hated to see Maria hurt in the process.

Liz said, "I better go after her."

Max just nodded.

"I'll go with you," said Alex as they left Max standing alone.

Kyle stepped up and said,"What a party! They go in friends and come out lovers! Wwwoooo!"

Tess gave him a withering glance as she watched Michael and Isabel.

The crowd dispersed and went back to their own devices. Isabel had felt every eye on them and whispered nervously to Michael,"What do we do now?"

Michael fixed his eyes on Max and took hold of Isabel's hand . "We dive into this thing head on and go with our feelings for a change." He led her to where Max waited.

Max watched his sister and best friend approach hand in hand. How had he missed seeing this coming?

"Max, before you say anything let's get out of here before we draw more attention," said Michael leading Isabel out the door.

******

"Okay Max, just so you'll know, we didn't plan this and it's the first time this has happened. We didn't mean to hurt Maria. It surprised us as much as anybody, that we have these feelings for each other," said Michael throwing rocks into the quarry.

Max looked at Isabel who was chewing her thumb nail. "Is that true Is? This has never happened before?" asked Max.

Isabel nodded. "We both had feelings ,but tried to ignore them. We didn't know that we each felt this way. But now that we do, we want to explore it. We have that right Max," she ended defiantly.

Max watched them as they came together and Michael hugged Isabel close and kissed her head, reassuring her. "This will effect everyone you know. Alex and especially Liz will side with Maria on this. I don't think that she will tell about us, but we will need to watch her. I just never thought of you two together. We've always been three, but if this is what you want, then okay. I won't stand in your way. But Michael, I'm warning you,DON'T HURT ISABEL! I won't let you hurt her," said Max.

"I won't Max. Never intentionally," said Michael.

Isabel went and hugged Max. "Thanks for understanding Max.", and she kissed him on the cheek.

Michael drew Isabel to him and kissed her as they watched Max drive away. "Let's go and explore this new relationship we've got going. Now that there are no people around," he said with a grin.

Isabel laughed and agreed as they climbed on Michael's motorcycle and headed out to a new life together.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.