Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Unexpected Love"
Part 1
by Cathy
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, I just borrowed them for a short time period.
Summary: While Liz is in Paris, she bumps into an old friend from Roswell and as they grow closer, they realize that it might be more than just a friendship they are building.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: Anything that is in between ** is a thought. This is my first fanfic, so please leave feedback. Thanks
As the plane landed in Paris, Liz was double-checking that she had everything. **This summer has to be much better than last summer. It can't be much worse. At least I won't be there for the ceremony.** Liz thought.

Last summer, she decided to return home after her first year at Harvard. When she got there all she saw was Max and Tess all over each other, like her and Max used to be. Two weeks later, they announced their engagement. Liz couldn't take it. She knew that she had no right to Max, especially since he still thought that she slept with Kyle, but she never thought that he would love Tess as much as he used to love her. But, it happened. It happened while she was away at school. With Liz in another state, Max was able to forget about her and concentrate on Tess. With the help of Tess, he was able to restore memories and feelings. The one feeling that came back the strongest was his love for Tess. Max never thought that he would love Tess like he had loved Liz, but he did. He had in the past and he fell in love with her all over again. It was easy to do with Liz not always around, making him feel guilty. If Liz had stayed in Roswell, Max would not have given Tess the time of day.

They had held their engagement party at the Crashdown. It was there that Liz finally told Max the truth. She took him in the back and told him that she never slept with Kyle. He looked at her and at first didn't say anything. When he finally did, Liz had wished that he hadn't. He told her that Kyle accidentally told Tess and that Tess told him. He told her that she would always have a special place in his heart but that he loved Tess. He always had, it just took him a while to remember how he felt about her. He got up and walked out of her life, just like that. No looking back. Liz went upstairs and packed her bags. She left a note for her parents telling them that she was going back to school. She snuck out the back door and hasn't been back since.

When she got back to Boston, she had nothing to do. All her friends had gone home for the summer. She got a job and spent as much time working as possible, so she wouldn't have to think about Max, about what he said to her, about him breaking her heart. She thought that even if they didn't end up together that he would always care. He made it obvious that he doesn't anymore.

So Liz decided to stay away from Roswell this summer. She didn't want to be there when Max and Tess got married. She decided to study abroad in Paris.

By the time she got to the apartment that she was subletting, Liz was exhausted. She tipped the cab driver for carrying her bags up the stairs and shut the door behind him. She took off her coat, sat down on the couch and passed out.

The next day Liz unpacked. She wanted to get settled right away so she could go explore before she started school in two days. It didn't take that long. She didn't bring that much with her. She figured that she would be doing a lot of shopping, so she didn't take many clothes with her. Besides her clothes she only had a few personal things to place around the apartment to make her believe that it was hers. She placed the last picture of her and Maria next her bed, then plopped down. **I really wish Maria were here. I could have really needed her last summer and the two of us would have so much fun here in Paris.**

It was a sad day for everyone three years ago. They had all been hanging out at the Crashdown, when Sheriff Valenti walked in. They could tell right away from the look on his face that he had bad news, but not one of them ever thought he was going to tell them what he did. There had been an accident. Maria was dead. She was killed instantly. He took Max to the morgue to see if he could help, but he couldn't.

Michael took it really bad. The day after her funeral, he left Roswell for good. Max and Isabelle tried to stop him, but nothing they said could stop him, he had already made up his mind. He never stayed anywhere too long. He sent them postcards telling him he was ok. He called every once in awhile. He didn't call too much, because every time he did, Max tried to tell him to come home. He told Max that he would only come home if there was trouble. But he put a limit on that exception. He told Max that if Max lied to get him to come home, then he would leave and never come back again. So Michael left and everyone went on with their lives.

Liz was the next to leave Roswell when she got accepted to Harvard. She was happy to go. True she was leaving her family and Alex, but there was nothing left for her there. Max was moving on with Tess. The night that she left, he told her that he still loved her and that he would never stop, but he still couldn't get it out of his head that she slept with Kyle. Liz told him that she understood. She gave him a kiss on his check and left. She wasn't too worried about Alex, him and Isabelle were finally together and happy. She knew that they would be together forever. When she went back last summer, and found out that she no longer had any chance with Max, she swore never to return. Roswell was a place in her past. She talked to Alex and Isabelle almost every day. They tried to tell her that everything would be ok if she came back to visit, but she just couldn't do it.

So here she was in Paris, alone. ** Well, I'm definitely going to make the best of it.** She got off the bed and jumped in the shower. She was going to check out what Paris had to offer tonight.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.