Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Unexpected Love"
Part 5
by Cathy
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, I just borrowed them for a short time period.
Summary: While Liz is in Paris, she bumps into an old friend from Roswell and as they grow closer, they realize that it might be more than just a friendship they are building.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: Anything that is in between ** is a thought. This is my first fanfic, so please leave feedback. Thanks
The days turned into weeks and the weeks into months. Before they knew it Liz was starting the fall semester and Michael was still living with her. Michael was still involved with Katrina. But him and Liz formed a bond, one that both knew was special in its own way. Even Katrina didn't get them sometimes, but she didn't care, she had a cute man on her arm and knew that Liz wasn't the type of girl that would stab you in the back.

"I never thought I would ever become close to someone again. Hell I never thought I would ever have another girlfriend" said Michael one night when they were sitting in the local bar.

"I never thought that I would either, especially with you." Liz replied.

"Funny." Liz just smiled. ** I never realized how much she lights up the room when she smiles.** Michael thought. ** Why is he looking at me that way. Who are you kidding Liz...you wanted him to look at you that way for a couple of weeks now. This can't be happening. It's Michael.** Liz thought.

"so how are things with Katrina, anyway."

"there not bad, she's cool, but I think she wants more than I am ready to give her. She wants a full fledged relationship and I still ain't ready for that."

"Did you tell her that?"

"Yeah, it didn't go over well. She thinks that I am using her for sex. I told her if I was using her for sex, I would have dumped her by now. That didn't go over too well either."

"I wouldn't think so." Liz said as she tried to stifle her laugh.

"What?"

"You can't expect a girl to take something like that in a good way."

"Whatever. I don't know if I can deal with her much longer. I think she might break up with me."

"Let her break up with you, it will be better for her."

"so I look like the loser who got dumped."

"Michael."

"ok, ok"

"well you never know things might turn around for the good."

"true. So what now? "

"Well we have to get those presents to Roswell for Isabelle. Her birthday is in two weeks. Alex is having the party for her on the 12th."

"Oh yeah."

"God Michael, you are such a man sometimes."

"You would think that you would have noticed that before tonight. We have been living with each other for 3 and a half months now." Liz hit Michael in the arm.

"you know what i mean."

"Whatever. Lets get out of here."

"Later Gina. Later Jim." they waved to the waitress and the bartender as the two of them walked out the door.

Back in Roswell, it was Isabelle's birthday. Everyone was over Alex's apartment. He was throwing the love of his life a small birthday party, with all of their close friends.

They were sitting around the living room as Isabelle was opening her presents. Tess was sitting on one side of Isabelle with Max next to her and Alex was sitting on the other side of her.

"Well this one is from Paris. It must be from Liz," said Alex and he passed the package to Isabelle.

"I wish she could have been here. Her and Michael." Isabelle said.

"Well open it already." Isabelle opened the package to find a beautiful silk robe and a bottle of fancy French perfume, along with a videotape.

"She made a video. How cheesy." said Tess.

"I think its sweet," said Max.

"You would," she replied. Alex took the tape and put it in the VCR. The scene opens up with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Then Liz pops up into the scene.

"Hey Isabelle, sorry I couldn't be there for your birthday. But school is really intense. Hope everything is good. Happy Birthday. Oh by the way I have a surprise for you." Just then Michael enters the picture and puts his arm around Liz. Isabelle gasps and looks at Max. Max turns and looks at Isabelle, she could see that he is hurt a little by what he sees on screen.

"Hey Iz. Surprise. I know I haven't kept in touch for awhile, but with the time difference and everything it's been kinda crazy here. I've been working crazy hours. You're probably surprised that I am in Paris, but I had old postcards that I was sending you. I've actually been here for three and a half months now. Liz and me have been living together. Now don't get any ideas. It's just to cut costs." Everyone laughed at this. Max forced out a laugh. "But otherwise, things are good."

"Except he's a slob." Liz said.

"Oh yeah, like she's miss perfect. For a girl you would be surprised how messy she can be." Liz smacked Michael, Michael just stepped in front of her. "Well, we just wanted to say..." Liz popped her head between his arm and his body. "Happy Birthday Isabelle. We miss all of you." They blew kisses to the camera and the screen faded to black.

"Wow. Michael and Liz. That is good. At least they are not alone." Max said. Tess looked at him and smiled.

"Who would have thought that Michael would have settled in somewhere," said Isabelle.

"I'm sure it's not permanent," said Max.

"Who knows." Tess replied. "If it is, it is good for them. We have each other and now they have each other." Max got up and left the room.

Later that evening when Max was in Isabelle's kitchen helping cleaning up, Isabelle walked in.

"So Max, tell me how you really feel?," she asked.

"About what?" he asked.

"Liz and Michael."

"I'm happy for them."

"Max, it's me, Isabelle, your sister. I want the truth."

"What do you want me to say Iz. That it bothers me a little, even though I love Tess and told Liz I didn't love her anymore. Part of me will never forget what I had with Liz. But I can also not forget that she lied to me, and I still don't know why. If she would have never pretended to sleep with Kyle, maybe things would be different, but she did, and it drove me to Tess and I love Tess. Tess is the one that I am supposed to be with. Michael is my best friend. If him and Liz are together or just living together then lucky him, he has a great girl now. Like Tess said, it's good that they have each other. None of us should be alone." Isabelle just looked at him. She had no idea what to say. She walked over to him, hugged him and walked out of the kitchen.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.