Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Unexpected Love"
Part 7
by Cathy
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, I just borrowed them for a short time period.
Summary: While Liz is in Paris, she bumps into an old friend from Roswell and as they grow closer, they realize that it might be more than just a friendship they are building.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: Anything that is in between ** is a thought. This is my first fanfic, so please leave feedback. Thanks
Michael rolled over in bed and went to put his arm around Liz. He wasn't too surprised not too find her there. He opened up his eyes and looked at the clock. It flashed 12 PM. Ok, he didn't expect her to stay in bed forever like him, but he still didn't like the fact that she did not wake him up when she got up. It hurt a little.

He could smell coffee brewing in the kitchen and bacon cooking on the stove. He rolled over then sat straight up. ** oh my god, i just made love to Liz Parker. Max's Liz. Maria's best friend Liz. Max didn't even get to do that. But she isn't that person anymore, or is she. Maybe that is why she didn't wake me up. she thinks we made a mistake. Anything but that. I don't want to walk in the kitchen and her say, it was great Michael, but it was a mistake. I think i'll die. well there is only one way to find out what is going on in the mind of Liz.** He rolled out of bed and threw on a pair of shorts. He slowly walked to the kitchen.

When he got there, he just stood in the doorway and looked at her making breakfast. **Please, I can deal with anything except the words 'i think it was a mistake'.** He walked up behind her and kissed her head.

"Morning." Liz jumped when he kissed her head. She thought that he was still sleeping.

"Morning." she replied. He grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down at the table. Neither of them said a word, both afraid of what the other might say.

"You should have gotten me up when you woke up." Michael said to break the silence.

"You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to disturb you." she answered without turning around.

**That is a good reason, but hopefully that is the truth** "I wouldn't have minded, it would have been nice to wake up with you."

"Michael.." she started as she turned to face him.

"Liz, please whatever you say, don't say it was a mistake."

"Michael your with Katrina. It can't be anything."

"Me and Katrina broke up yesterday."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to go into it. And besides I didn't know how to tell you."

"we tell each other everything, what is so different about this?"

"If I told you then I would have had to tell you that she dumped me for Thomas and I didn't know if it would bother you and I didn't want to hurt you and then I thought if you were sad that would lead me to blurt out how I feel about you."

"How you feel about me?"

"Yeah, Liz. I care about you so much, I didn't just want to come out and tell you and you reject me, I don't think I would be able to handle that."

"I wish you would have told me because Michael, I feel the same way. Its been killing me to watch you with Katrina. Wishing it was me you were holding in your arms and kissing."

"Really?"

"Really" He got up and walked over to her. He took her face in his hands, gently bringing his lips to hers.

"I do have one concern." Liz said when they stopped kissing.

"Let me guess, Max Evans."

"Michael, I want to be with you. I want to make love to you over and over. I want to kiss you all the time, and I want to call Roswell and tell them right now that I am the luckiest girl in the world, but you have to understand, I don't want to hurt Max."

"I understand." he grinned, he couldn't believe that she was talking about him the way that she used to talk about Max. "Why don't we wait to tell them. Maybe we should see how this goes. What if its just lust and that fizzles out. Don't want to start controversy over something that might be nothing."

"It will never be nothing Michael. It definitely is something." With that she leaned up and kissed him again. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her back to his bedroom.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.