Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Unexpected Love"
Part 9
by Cathy
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, I just borrowed them for a short time period.
Summary: While Liz is in Paris, she bumps into an old friend from Roswell and as they grow closer, they realize that it might be more than just a friendship they are building.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: Anything that is in between ** is a thought. This is my first fanfic, so please leave feedback. Thanks
It was early the next morning when Michael heard something hit his window. He rolled over and looked at the clock. It was 8 am.

"whoever is there, is going to die" he grumbled as he rolled out of bed. He walked over to the window and opened it. As he did this a small pebble hit him in the head.

"Oh, Sorry." he heard. He looked in the bushes to see Liz standing there holding a bunch of small pebbles. She dropped the pebbles when she saw that the window was open and walked over to him.

"what are you doing here?" he asked her.

"I wanted to see you."

"do you realize what time it is?"

"Oh stop being so grumpy." she kissed him passionately. He placed his hands around her waist and lifted her into his room. They bumped into the nightstand.

"shh, you don;t want to wake Isabelle and alex do you?"

"not intentionally" She replied seductively. Michael carried her over to his bed and laid her down. He laid down next to her and started kissing her.

"I missed holding you last night." He said in between kisses.

"I missed you too." she replied. They were too involved with each other to hear the door open.

"SURPRISE, MIC....Oh sorry. I didn't know you had company." Max said as he started to turn away. Michael jumped off of Liz and Liz shot straight up in bed. Max stopped when he saw the girl sitting in bed.

"Liz?" was the only words that he could get out. Just then Alex, Isabelle and Tess walked into the room.

"Oh my god." They all said at the same time.

"Morning." Michael said. Liz took the covers and pulled them over her head.

"Um, I think I'll go get breakfast ready, Alex, do you and Tess want to help me." Isabelle said. Alex and Tess just shook there heads yes and followed Isabelle out. As they left Tess gave Max a kiss and walked out with a huge grin on her face.

"Maybe I should go help them." Max said. He started to turn around and leave but he changed his mind. He turned and glared at Michael. "You out of all people. How could you?" Liz came out from under the covers at the sound of Max's angry voice.

"How could I what, Max? How could I end up with a smart beautiful girl like Liz?"

"you were my best friend, my best man at my wedding."

"That's right man, you best man at your wedding. At your wedding to TESS! What did you expect Liz to stay single forever? Did you want Tess by your side and Liz still pining away for you, never loving anyone else. I don't think that is fair. Liz has a right to move on. She doesn't deserve to be in the back seat to anyone. She deserves to be loved and treated like a lady should be treated. And she sure ain't getting that from you."

"Oh yeah like you know how to treat a lady. Isn't that what Maria used to say about you, that you never knew how to be the romantic type, never knew how to treat a lady. You know how I felt about her."

"One don't bring Maria into this. Maria and I shared a love, and she learned to live with me the way that I am, just like Liz. Liz likes me for me. and Second. passed tense, Maxamillion. 'how you felt about her.' Well let me tell you how i feel about her right now. I love her. and she loves me and you have no say in the matter."

"And how do you figure that?" Both men turned when they heard Liz speak.

"Because you told me that you were in love with Tess and then you walked out of my life without looking back. That is why you don't have a say. It took me a long time to get over you Max." Max went to say something. "No, shut up. I'm not finished yet." Both men were even more shocked. Liz stood up and walked over to Michael. "Michael and me became really good friends these last couple of months. He helped me get over that final hump of getting over you. Putting Max Evans into the past and moving on with my life. That was all before anything happened between us. And when something did happen, it felt right. It was like we both had gone through the same thing and knew how to deal with it now. If it weren't for him, I'd probably still be comparing men that i dated to you. Now, if me and Michael don't last, he'll be the person i compare men too, not you. So Max Evans, you have no say in the matter of me and Michael Guerin. And yes I do love him." She turned and looked at Michael. " I do love you Michael." And then she kissed him. Max just looked at the two of them

"But I love you."

"well you should have thought of that when you decided to marry Tess."

"and what about you lying about Kyle."

"She had a really good reason to lie," Michael interuppted.

"Oh so he knows the truth and I don't. That's great."

"Do you know what this girl did for you Max? You have no clue."

"Michael!" Liz screamed.

"He needs to know Liz." Michael looked at her and then turned to Max. "She lied to you because a Future version of you told her that you and her became inseparable the night of the Gomez concert and because of that you treated Tess like shit and she left Roswell and because of that our enemies took over earth. They killed me and they killed Isabelle. She saved the world Maxwell. She saved us. She lied to you for all of us, because she loved you so much she drove you into the arms of another woman." Liz jumped off the bed and ran out the door. "LIZ!" Michael shouted as he ran after her. Max just stood there, not knowing what to do.

**Oh my god. Liz.**

Max walked into the kitchen just as Michael came back in the house. He walked over to Max and pushed him against the wall.

"IF I LOSE HER BECAUSE OF YOU, OUR FRIENDSHIP IS OVER. DO YOU HEAR ME? OVER!" He went into his room and slammed the door. Everyone looked at Max. Over breakfast he clued everyone in on all the events that happened in the room and in the past.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.