Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Who Will Save Your Soul"
Part 17
by Hero of the Day
Disclaimer: Everyone belongs to the WB, except Gaven who will come in later.
Summary: Michael is leaving Maria for Isabel but for a reason he can't explain and only time will make Michael stronger as he searches for what Isabel gave up to save the group.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: R
"I can't get through!" Isabel yelled as she hit the table, "She needs to sleep and she won't sleep!" "She's scared..." Alex whispered "What do you mean scared?" Max asked in a bit of a harsh tone. He need sleep himself, they all did, but Michael wouldn't let anyone sleep until she was home. "Maria dosen't sleep if she's scared or worried. Like when her dad left, Maria only slept if I or Alex held her and she just so happen to fall asleep...she's never been so frightened since." Liz explains, "She won't sleep unless she feels safe." The room was filled with that hopeless silence everyone shares usually at a grave yard or when you just found out someone you love has died. "You!" Michael said pointing to Liz and breaking the silence, "You saved Max in New York...You have to try to get through now. Sit!" He pulled out a chair. Liz sat down and took Isabel's hand. Isabel touched Maria's picture. They were connected. Liz looked around the room. She saw Maria laying on the bed, eyes wide open and shaking with fear. Like a ghost, Liz walked through the wall of the hotel. She got the name of the hotel, the city, and the freeway. She then walked back into the room. She sat next to Maria and sang her a little song. Maria couldn't hear her and she knew it but Liz didn't care. Finally Michael joined her in the dream sequence. Liz got up and left. Michael layed next to her staring into her fear filled eyes. He brushed the hair out of her eyes and lightly kissed her forhead. He told her that he loved her and noticed Rath asleep next to the door. He breathed in deeply and looked at Maria once more, but this time he noticed her busted lip. "You don't have to worry, babe....he's as good as dead." he whispered. He kissed her again and left the sequence. Back in the apartment Michael looked at Liz. "Their on their way to Alberqurque, state road 101, Motel 6." She said looking at the ground. "If you want you can come...I'm going to Alberqurque to get my girlfriend and daughter back." Michael walked outside and got in the Jetta followed by Max and Liz in the Jeep, and Isabel and Alex in the bug.
Part 16 | Index | Part 18
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.