Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Who Will Save Your Soul"
Part 23
by Hero of the Day
Disclaimer: Everyone belongs to the WB, except Gaven who will come in later.
Summary: Michael is leaving Maria for Isabel but for a reason he can't explain and only time will make Michael stronger as he searches for what Isabel gave up to save the group.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: R
"Just open it." Max urged. "But I don't have your's ready." Liz said holding the box in her hand. "This isn't your Christmas present!" he said with the famous "Max Evans Smile", "it's a 'Hey Max got a good job so I get a present', present!" he said, "go on..open it!" "Okay.." Liz said as she smiled. She tore the paper and opened the long black velvet box. Her eyes lit up as she looked at the glimmering object in her hands. It was a silver chaing with a heart shaped pendent. (The heart is the color of the October birthstone) "Pink is my favorite color...." she said looking at him. Liz wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. "Thank you." Max took the necklace and put it on her. "Perfect" he whispered, "Just like you." She kissed him again. "I just figured that when you'r teaching those Biology students, you'll have my heart to remind you of the good times we had in Biology....when we decided to not go to the eraser room!" he smiled again. "It's beautiful, Max..I really love it." she said as she looked into his eyes. "LIZZIE!" Mr.Parker yelled, "Lizzie, honey we could use your help!" "Come on" she grabbed Max's hand and they went down stairs to help decorate for the party. (that night at the party) "Before it gets too late and you all decide to leave.." Mr.Parker got up on a chair, "I want you all to reconize two of Roswell's most successful MEN. Today my son, Michael and the son I never had, Max, earned their fire fighter's and officer's badge!" the crowd broke out in cheers and whistles, "so tonight, I would like you all to give a big round of appluse to Roswell's newest addition to fire fighter squad and the police squad." the crowed burst out into cheers and whistles again and both Maria and Liz were standing by the boys and gave them a big kiss and the crowed cheered on. Michael and Maria walked over the counter where Alex was pouring drinks. They were met by Max. He sat down next to Maria. "So I herd about your little problem this morning....having trouble getting out of bed?" Max asked. Maria's mouth dropped as she turned to Michael. She hit him on the arm, "He knows?" she said with chlenched teeth. "It was a very amusing story!" Alex said from behind the counter. "Alex knows too!?" she hit Michael again. "Maria, it's okay..." Max said, "We're all buddies....and Alex...you guys have taken baths together! But can I get my hand cuffs back?" Maria hit Max on the arm. "Thats not funny!" she said. "You picking on my baby sister, Evans?" Maria whipped around, "Kyle! Oh my god how are you?" she gave him a big hug, "I'm gonna go and get Kyle cought up." Max, Michael, and Alex waved as Maria and Kyle dissappeared into the crowed. "I'm gonna go and find mine!" Max said leaving the counter. Max spotted Isabel, Liz and Sean sitting in a booth talking. He walked over. "Hey.." he said butting into their conversation, "How's it going man?" Max asked as he shook Sean's hand. "Not too bad." Sean answered. "I'm gonna steal Liz here for a couple of minutes...we'll be right back." Max said taking Liz's hand. "Okay.." Sean said, "it was nice seeing you guys again..I think me a Isabel are gonna stay here and talk some more." Max led Liz outside to the jeep. He reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a white envelope. "This is a little something I don't want if I can't share it with you. My dad bought it for me as an early grad. present a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't have it until I graduated...but...just open it." Max said handing her the envelope. Liz opened the envelope, "Max, it's a key." "To OUR house." Liz's face light up agian and she hugged him. "You'r dad bought you a house!?!" "No...he bought us a house." "us...?" Max pulled out a little black box and Liz's eyes filled with tears. "This Elizabeth Claudia Parker, is a promise ring...." he slipped the ring on her finger, "Because I promise you that when you graduate and we are ready, I will propose the right way and we'll have a big wedding! Not one of those cheesy weddings like in Vegas, but a good one with what ever you want!" he wipped the tears from her face and kissed her. "Lets go check out our house!" Liz said getting in the jeep.
Part 22 | Index | Part 24
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.