Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Who Will Save Your Soul"
"Breaking Maria's Wall"
Part 30
by Hero of the Day
Disclaimer: Everyone belongs to the WB, except Gaven who will come in later.
Summary: Michael is leaving Maria for Isabel but for a reason he can't explain and only time will make Michael stronger as he searches for what Isabel gave up to save the group.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Shortly after Max and Maria left, Michael showed up at home. He saw Maria's stuff sitting on the counter. He went over to the fridge, opened it, looked in it, then shut it. Michael hated this, at least it's not alien related the thought. He laied on the couch and in a few minutes fell asleep. About an hour later Max dropped Maria off and she went inside. She saw Michael asleep in his dark blue NMFD (New Mexico Fire Department) shirt and baggy jeans. He looked so....little boyish sleeping on the couch Maria thought. She kicked off her shoes and grabbed a blanket. Maria cralwed on top of the sleeping Michael and fell asleep herself. Sometime later, Maria was awaken by a knock on the door. She carefully got up and answered it. "Yes?" she asked looking the the officer. "Maria DeLuca?" he said. "Yes." "Hi, I'm officer Heraty. I'll be taking Officer Evans place for the next few hours." he said. "That won't be necessary." Michael said wipping the sleep from his eyes. The officer noticed the large male standing behind Maria, "Sir, with all do respect, The Sheriff-" "The Sheriff is her father" Michael said, "We'll call him right now and tell him to be looking for one of his marry men to be comming back to the station. The deal was Officer Evans would have that assignment until I returned home in the evening. I'm home, thank you and have a good night." Michael shut the door. "Your home early" Maria said shock at his little speach. Michael sat on a stool and ran his fingers through his hair. "There is a crazy man out there after my girlfriend....where else should I be?" Maria smiled. "Maria...I need to know why Steve DeLuca is so dangerous. I need to know why he is making your life a living hell...." Michael looked at her, " I can't stand to see you like this. You haven't smiled since yesterday, your not....YOU....if this was no big deal, you would be the bouncy little pop tart that you are...but your not. The color from your face is gone, you have to be guarded all day so you don't get kid napped, and your living your life in fear...." Michael was now satanding in front of her. He put his finger under her chin and tilted her face to look at his, " you shouldn't have to live your life in fear...I know what it's like and it's nothing you should have to go through." Maria pulled the blanket closer around her as she walked over to the couch and layed down. Michael followed her and sat on the floor. He sat next to her head with his legs crossed in front of him. He looked at her looking at him. "You're beautiful you know that?" he said still looking at her. "Michael, if you knew the things I know.....you wouldn't think I'm so beautiful." she said keeping her eyes locked with his. "You can't say that. If you tell me what you know, I wouldn't look at you differently, you would still be my Maria....you would still get mad at the dumb shit I do, you would still blow up the kitchen when you cook, you would still get that really pretty look in your eyes when I don't screw up date night....and you'll still be the same Maria to me...I would just know more about you....I would know your secret like you know mine." Maria looked away. "Promise me that you won't let me stop when I pull away." she said giving him her hands. Michael took them. "I promise." he whispered. **Flash** -Liz and Maria playing in the front yard. -Liz and Maria being led into a bedroom. Michael could feel her fear...he could feel Liz's fear. He saw Steve through Maria's eyes and felt the death grip she had on Liz and the returning grip Liz had on her. -Steve raping a woman. -Steve stabbing the woman repeatedly in the chest. Michael couldn't believe what he was seeing. Why hadn't he ever seen this before? Why in all the times he kissed her this flash strayed so far from him? He held Maria's hand tighter as she began to pull away. He herd her sigh as if she were in pain. Michael went to let go but he felt the grip Maria had on his hand. She wasn't letting go, she was going to show him everything. -Steve stood over the girls. "You tell anyone, Liz dies. You tell anyone, Maria dies." Steve said, "Now go and play." -Alex holding his friends as they cried. "I love you guys." The 6-year-old Alex told his friends. -Ms.Whitman comming out to the kids. "Maria honey, adults fight, it's okay?" she said to Maria hugging her, "you'r daddy left for a good reason." -Maria exchanging looks with Liz as Ms.Whitman held her. **End Flash** Maria was bawling. "Maria, I'm so sorry, I had no idea.." Michael said sliding on the couch holding her. Maria cried into his chest. "How can you be sorry,..." she sobbed, "you didn't know..." He held her tighter. "Why haven't I seen this before?" he asked. "I pushed it in the back of my mind...." the tears ran down her face, "and I didn't want you to see it...." she chuckled through the tears. "What?" he asked looking at her suprised that she was laughing. "I'm turning into you." she smiled. Michael looked confused. "I blocked things I didn't want you to see, like you did in the begining....I made this really big stone wall I made you break down....I'm turning in to you!"she sighed and began to cry again. Michael smiled a small smile as she put her head in his lap. "Trust me.... your not turning into me....I'm the 'weird' one." he said, "Maria..did this happen before or after I was adopted into the Parker Family." "The weekend before." she said trying to control her tears.
Part 29 | Index | Part 31
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.