Fanfic - Unconventional Couples
"Who Will Save Your Soul"
"Returning to My Maria"
Part 8
by Hero of the Day
Disclaimer: Everyone belongs to the WB, except Gaven who will come in later.
Summary: Michael is leaving Maria for Isabel but for a reason he can't explain and only time will make Michael stronger as he searches for what Isabel gave up to save the group.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: R
"They're just like ghosts!" Liz said, "I don't even know them anymore...I mean, Maria dosen't really show up to class anymore, granted, yes it's college so she really dosen't HAVE to, but.....and then there is Alex, I really only see him when he is working at the Crashdown and-"

"You're a wreck ever since Michael left because you feel like you have lost everything?" Max finished her sentence, "I know that feeling Lizzie."

Liz just looked at him and tried to smile, "I had a good time tonight Max." she said.

He leaned in and kissed her. When he pulled away he looked at her and said, "You should get inside....I don't need your dad to be mad at me and fire me."

Liz laughed, "He can't get mad at you,..other than Alex, your our only cook!!"

Max chuckled, "Yeah..." he leaned in and kissed her again, "it must be tridition for the cooks to date the waitresses!!!"

Liz kissed him, "but now that I think about it, maybe he can fire you, I mean after all Michael is his son..."

"Exactly!!" Max said kissing her one last time, "I'll see you tomorrow sexy!"

"Okay, don't be late, the owner hates it!" she said standing in the door way of the Crashdown.

"As long as the owner's daughter, the cute one with the short uniform is working tomorrow I'll be early and maybe we can 'talk' in the back room before my shift." He said .

"Maybe" Liz said as she walked into the Crashdown and locked the door.

(The following day)

"MIBuger, saturn rings and a cherry coke." Liz said putting the order on the order wheel and spinning it to Max. She gave him a big smile.

"How did Michael do this every day without burning the food from staring at Maria all day?" Max said flipping burgers.

"Grumpy" Liz said, "He was always very grumpy!" Then Liz turned around as she hurd plates fall to the ground.

Maria saw him through the window and the plates she held fell and broke. Michael walked into the Crashdown, picked up the broken plate, handed it to Maria and said, "Here, you dropped these."

Maria turned and ran to the break room crying.

"MICHAEL!!!" Liz shouted as she ran and gave him a bear hug, "You are in so much trouble buddy!"

"Liz, your cutting off my air supply." Michael choked.

Max walked in to the backroom. "I've got this" he said taking the plate from Maria, "Go out there!"

"I can't...I'm so scared..." Maria cried as she looked for her cediar oil, "I can't face-" she was cut off as Michael entered the back room. Max walked up to him, "We need to talk...but welcome home" he said giving his best friend a hug."

"Thanks" Michael said walking over to Maria. Max left the backroom to find Liz.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Maria asked as he approched her.

"You have every reason to hate me, and I understand if you never want to see me again, but..she said the baby was Alex's and that she lost it." Michael said looking at her.

"Micahel...you slept with Isabel." she said through the tears.

"I know, I made a mistake, I'm sorry, but now I'm back and I think I can explain... I really want to take you out tonight, but if you say no, I'll understand. Just know that I came back for you."

"What are we doing?" Alex whispered as he approched Max and Liz who were listening to Michael and Maria talk.

"SHHHHH!!" they said in unison, "Michael came back!!"

A big smile came across Alex's face but quickly went away when Liz told him that Isabel had not returned with him.

"Micahel I....meet me here at eight....everyone will be here. We have a lot to talk about." Maria said looking at the ground. Michael walked over to her and handed her the pager. She saw all the pages she sent to him and she gave a small smile. She handed it back to him and he kissed her.

"I'm so sorry" he said when they pulled away from eachother from lack of air, "I never ment to hurt you..." he began to cry and Maria wipped away his tears then kissed him.

Liz turned to Max and kissed him. Alex obsereved the two happy couples and thought to himself, **Time to start yet another day in my life as Alex Whitman...Roswell's biggest loser.** and headed to the kitchen to start his shift.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.