FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Duplicity"
Part 1
by Sineya
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Summary: (Liz takes Tess’ place as the fourth alien.) If the other three Roswellians are her true family, then why is she so different? When duplicated versions of Michael, Max, and Isabel end up in Roswell years later, Liz’s questions are answered.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: I started this story a long time ago, but never finished. Then I read DM’’s, The Secret of Zan, and got inspired. I'd also like to state, I love Max beyond a shadow of a doubt, but Zan...ooooooh.
Five teens stood outside the Crashdown café, waiting impatiently for their sixth member.

Max and Isabel Evans, along with Michael Guerin were the only aliens present. The former two were waiting impatiently, while the latter sighed acceptingly, he was used to his sister's non-punctual nature.

The other two, Maria DeLuca and Alex Whitman were the only humans in there little group of six. Maria, the hyper human, tapped her foot and danced around, also waiting impatiently for the last member. Alex, like Michael, was waiting silently as he leaned against the building.

Finally long, slim legs encased in black, leather pants sauntered up to them.

Arms bare, excluding the black tattoo on her arm. A tight, black halter top moved as she walked, inching up her stomach with every step, showing off her silver belly-button ring. Tall, black, combat boots fitted snugly over slender ankles. Her thick, brown hair hung down her back, blue streaks glimmering under the streetlight.. Her face was exquisite, as if each feature was carefully molded and placed perfectly. Various piercings were strewn across her face, a tongue, an eyebrow, and if you looked close enough, you could see a tiny hole on the left side of her nose.

She looked out of place in front of the brightly-attired teens she was approaching.

"‘Sup?"Liz Parker looked at the five people as she stopped. Lighting her cigarette, she smirked around it.

"Your late." Max said, frustration coloring his voice.

"So."She blew a trail of smoke at him. "What’s the problem this time?" She smirked at the two humans, "One of you get a hangnail?"

Maria looked indignant,"We have a serious problem here."She looked at Max,"It is serious, right?"

"Well...."He looked tense."A red giant exploded last week."

"You brought us here to talk about some stupid star?"Walking closer into the circle, she could see the two humans back away a little. Chuckling, she walked up to Max, and threw her half-smoked cigarette on the ground. "Later, hubbie." She wiggled her fingers as she left.

They stared at her retreating figure, Max looked over at Michael, raising his eyebrow in question.

"Yeah, yeah, I’ll go after her."Michael took off, leaving the four behind to discuss Max’s latest discovery.

************************************************************

Liz walked steadily towards the park, hoping to finally get some time to herself. Although knowing Max, he'd probably sent Michael after her. She heard rustling behind her,*Yep.*

"Liz, wait up." Michael shouted. Running to catch up with the female alien.

She sighed, stopping at a nearby bench, and sat down.

Michael walked over and planted himself to her left. They were silent for a few moments before he spoke up. "You can’t do this anymore."

"Do what?"

"You can’t distance yourself from everyone but me."He glanced over to see her reaction, hoping she’d say something. But her face was set in stone, her lips a straight line.

"I’m the only one you talk to, you have to give the others a chance."

She stood, pacing in front of him. "Why?"She asked."Because Max was my husband? Because Isabel was supposedly my best friend back on Antar? Because Maria and Alex are our only connection to the human world?" She stopped in front of him, and took his hands. "Michael, you’re my brother, and I know you--I love you."She sighed."But I don’t know them, and I sure as hell don’t love them." She pulled her hands away, hugging herself. He stood, reaching for her, and pulled her into a comforting embrace.

"I just feel like I don’t belong here."She looked up at him."I feel like an alien among aliens."

He rubbed her back soothingly. *If only the others could see her like this.* They thought she was some tough-ass bitch who could take anything, who had no feelings. "Maybe if you’d open up to them, they’d gi-"

She cut him off. He asked her this every day, and everyday she told him the same thing. "I don’t wanna play share your feelings, I don't wanna hold the talking stick just to gain their pity."She pulled away.

"I don’t wanna know them––I don’t even like them."She pointed to herself, then to him, arching her brow. "Look at how different we are, Michael."She grabbed his hand again."You even got the better deal, being adopted along with them." Her eyes were blazing.

"What the hell did I get Michael, huh? I live by myself in a rundown apartment, and why is that again?" She voice cracked. "Because I was sick of living in fear, so I took care of the damn Hank problem."Her voice was furious."And they condemned me for it."

"I’m so sorry Liz."His voice was filled with regret and sadness."I never meant for any of this to happen."He hugged her again, holding her close. He had worried about her for so many year, but wasn’t able to prove their familial relationship, not without revealing their alien status."I never meant for you to be so lonely." She was his sister, and he would do anything for her. He had wanted to kill Hank all those years, and when she had finally done it, the others made snap judgements about her. *They never even asked why.*

"I know, it wasn't your fault."Liz said as she pulled away. "But....you guys don't even remember what it was like back on Antar..."She sighed, and stared into his eyes. "I remember everything -Zan, Rath, Vilandra."

She shook her head."Max isn't like Zan at all, Isabel will never be Lonnie, and even you, you're not like Rath." She stood, dusting herself off."It's better for you, Rath was so cold.....but the others, they were like family...Zan was my husband, I loved him. *But he's gone now, Max isn't anything like him.*

She left him standing there, contemplating her, himself, and the other two unearthly beings.

Part 0 | Index | Part 1
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.