FanFic - Other
"Sense of Completion"
Part 33
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: R
I Knew I Loved You
By Savage Garden

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe
::CHORUS::

*********************

"Please! Let Liz go. She's innocent. I'll do anything you want. I'll cooperate fully if you let Liz go." Max pleaded. He had to try. He couldn't watch them hurt her or their children.

"You'll do anything? Tell us anything? Give us any information? And show us the extent of your powers without a fight if we release Liz?" Topolsky asked with amusement as she walked over closer to Max.

"Yes. Anything." He swore with emotion, hoping beyond hope that Topolsky had a little bit of a weak spot when it came to hurting other humans. "Liz is human. She's innocent and you could get in a lot of trouble if people found out you were...experimenting on a human." Max swallowed trying hard to get past the thought of his last statement.

"She is a human isn't she?" Topolsky sounded like she was thinking it over. "But..." She added with a smile as she leaned in closer to Max. "She is NOT innocent! She let you touch her and give her your alien seed! She let herself become impregnated with an alien child and plans to keep this baby and in turn keep your race multiplying! Therefore she is NOT innocent and deserves to be treated like an alien since she loves one and is willing to carrying one." Topolsky spat out, her eyes full of anger and fear.

Max felt the coldness settle lower in his belly realizing that in Topolsky's eyes, Liz was just as much, if not more of an enemy for betraying her own kind.

Liz too felt frozen with fear. Her babies! My God, they wanted to kill her babies! Nothing she could say could convince Topolsky or the mad doctor to let the children live unharmed. She could see the fear in their eyes as Topolsky talked about more aliens multiplying. Her heart fell into her stomach as well as she realized how helpless she was in helping protect her own babies. It wasn't fair! Maybe she and Max deserved this, for breaking all the rules and loving out of their own kind, but the children were innocent.

*Max! Oh my God, Max!* Liz sobbed her thoughts to him.

Max turned to her with a tortured expression of guilt and pain in his eyes. *Forgive me, Liz. What have I done to you and our babies!* Max's own thoughts tore through her and she could feel his overwhelming pain.

*Can you contact Michael or Isabel?* Liz thought hopefully.

Max looked away for a second. *No.* he said in a dull helpless voice. *They've given me some kind of drug to prevent me from contacting them, apparently they've had Nasedo all these years to experiment on, and have learned how to disable our powers quite a bit* he explained in a drained voice.

*Then how are you communicating with me?!* Liz asked suddenly, getting Max to turn back around to her with his own eyes wide.

*I... I don't know...* he frowned in thought. *Maybe...maybe they don't know about the human/alien connection and this drug they've come up with doesn't work on that connection.* Max thought with sudden excitement.

Then with the same thought, Max and Liz thought together.

* Liz! You can communicate with Michael and Isabel!!*

*Max! I can communicate with Michael and Isabel!!*

"What are you two doing?" Topolsky asked with eyes narrowing as she watched the two who seemed to be talking with their eyes. "My God! You are communicating with each other aren't you? You slimy beings now can get into our minds as well!" Topolsky spat in fear and revulsion.

Then she nodded to the silent doctor who came up to Max and zapped him with a hand held device. Max arched his back up in pain and bit his lip to keep from crying out as electric charges sliced through his body.

"NO!!! STOP! Please!!!" Liz screamed and pulled tight against her own ropes. She thrashed around until her wrists and ankles were raw from the friction with the rope.

*Liz! I'm okay. Don't get upset. Think of the babies!* Max thought to her through his agony. But he knew she knew he wasn't okay. She could feel his pain just as he felt her fear and agony.

"Please! Stop! I'll do anything! What do you want!? Please! Anything!!!" Liz pleaded between sobs.

Topolsky nodded to the doctor who calmly moved the hand held object away from the withering alien, and waited.

Topolsky walked over to Liz now with a satisfied smile on her face. "I want you to stop communicating with him for one thing." She said calmly.

"Yes! Anything." Liz's voice shook with fear and revulsion. She wanted to be sick. Watching Max withering in pain was killing her.

Just then, the door opened again and the one who looked like Max came in.

"Just what am I supposed to say to their friends when I go back to town without the Parker girl?" frowned Nasedo with disgust in his voice.

"Just call Liz Parker's best friend Maria DeLuca and tell her that you and Liz are planning on spending the night together alone somewhere, and for her to cover for Liz with her parents, and you can have Max Evan's friend, Michael Gurien cover for you with his. That she's emotionally drained from the pregnancy and her earlier emotions and the two of you need time alone." Topolsky shrugged casually.

Nasedo's eyes narrowed. Why wasn't Topolsky more worried. She had originally only wanted to take Max just for that reason. That they wouldn't be able to explain Liz's disappearance. Now she didn't seem concerned. Why? What did she have planned? What could she have decided would be a good way to cover Liz's disappearance? Then he realized that her death would do it. And possibly his! He should have known! Topolsky and her cohorts wouldn't leave things unresolved. And now that they had three new species to work on, one alien, one human carrying an alien, and then the baby of mixed birth all to experiment on, they would no longer need him. Thus, he was expendable.

Nasedo said nothing as he nodded and exited the room. He would just have to speed up his own plans. And now that he knew what they planned for him, he decided to free himself of them tonight. Then he could go after what he really wanted, his daughter.

**********************

Liz felt drained and sick as Topolsky and the mad doctor finally left the room. Both she and Max had been poked and prodded, and she had cried as they had zapped Max every time he had lost control and tried to fight them when they were working on her. She had sobbed to him to stop and finally he had, realizing how much it was killing Liz when he was zapped.

"Max, I'll...I'll get through to Michael and Isabel. Hang on Max." Liz cried as she watched Max who had been staring up into space for the last few minutes struggling. She felt the pain that still tore through his body, and how he was trying to control that pain with his mind. However, she knew that in his weakened condition, that he was having a hard time healing himself. And she could feel the agony he felt that he couldn't try to heal her pain as well. She bit her lip and concentrated on contacting Michael and Isabel.

She had to get them out of there. Max couldn't connect with them, but maybe...just maybe she could. She knew if she couldn't, that she and Max would both die, along with their babies, for there was no other way for them to get out of this.

*******************

"Just how long do you think that Nasedo can keep her family and friends from wondering where the girl is?" Martin asked Topolsky as they headed down the hall to their own suite of rooms.

"We'll have to plan the 'accident' of both Max and Liz now that's all. And we'll have to do it sooner rather than later. We'll have to take care of it tomorrow at the latest. Call Agent Berry in the morning and tell him to get the plan into motion for tomorrow, and to make it look like both Liz Parker and Max Evans were in the accident." Topolsky said coldly and with a smile on her face.

Soon, soon now she would have enough evidence to go to her superiors and show them her find. Once she had a little more evidence and tests done, she could watch them all beg her for forgiveness and take her back in style!

********************

Maria frowned as she hung up the phone.

"So what did Max say?" Michael asked as he sat next to her in the booth at the Crashdown.

Maria looked around at the gang as they were getting ready to call it a night. "Just that Liz couldn't come to the phone cause she was sleeping."

Michael, Alex and Kyle all chuckled but Isabel and Cassie saw Maria's worried face and they grew worried as well.

"What is it Maria?" Isabel asked. She had learned to trust her friend's instincts. Especially when it came to each other.

"I don't know. Liz would have talked to me. She would have wanted to make sure we got our stories straight for her parents."

"Did you mention that to Max?" Isabel asked.

Maria nodded. "Yeah, and he told me that I was to call her parents that Liz was too tired and over emotional to talk to them right now." Maria frowned even deeper thinking about how odd that was.

Isabel and Cassie both exchanged looks, feeling something was wrong now too.

"Maria's right guys." Isabel said looking around the table at the now quiet group. "Something's not right."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 34
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.