Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 15
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
Liz stared at herself in the full-length mirror, slightly swinging her hips side to side. She smiled to herself when she heard her skirt making that familiar swish sound.

She walked over to Maria’s dresser and brushed her fingertips over the glossy pictures that bordered the dresser. She smiled when she saw the picture of her, Maria and Alex in their Halloween costumes from seventh grade. They wanted to do a group costume that year, so Maria and Liz persuaded Alex to join them in dressing as Charlie’s Angels. Liz giggled at the picture, remember telling Alex that she was jealous of him because he looked better in a mini-skirt than she did. People had laughed and teased the boy merciless all day, but Alex just grinned and laughed alongside them.

Liz let a greater smile take over her, thinking of how she had the best friends in the world. Not just Maria and Alex, but the whole group. She had felt pretty stupid after her freak out but her friends had totally been there for her. Alex and Maria had been waiting for her in her room that night, while she washed away her sorrow in the shower. They spent the night consoling her, and Liz woke up the next morning cuddled up with her best friends.

But it didn’t end there. Every morning Max had left a bouquet of white roses on her balcony. When she had asked why, he told her that he was so sorry for upsetting her and being a jerk. (Although, Liz didn’t really think he was being THAT much of a jerk… okay, just a bit… the whole fighting with Adam thing was kind of annoying!) So in return for each rose, she kissed Max twelve times each morning. To say the least, he was extremely pleased with the act.

Michael had also apologized to her for acting like a creepy, overprotective brother. Once again, she wasn’t sure if he really needed to be apologizing, but as soon as he whipped out the teddy bear he was holding behind his back, she had melted. Michael had shifted nervously foot to foot as he explained that since she was his Lizzie bear, a teddy bear sounded suitable as a gift. She just smiled, trying to keep the happy tears from spilling and then encased him in a huge, loving hug.

The whole week hadn’t been grin and giggles though. Once the Parkers had left Liz to fend for herself, the group quickly gathered and made solid arrangements. Since Michael and Adam were the only two of the group that could actually spend the whole night with Liz without making anyone else suspicious, they were appointed as her official guards. At first Michael wanted to stay in Liz’s room while she slept, but Max, Adam and Liz quickly shot down that idea. Michael and Adam refused to stay on the couch while Liz was in her room. Who knows who could sneak through her balcony?

Liz remembered the distinct feeling of wanting to bang her head repeatedly against the wall for having to discuss her own privacy. The whole situation resulted in Michael staying on the balcony, right next to Liz’s window, while Adam resided outside Liz’s bedroom door. Liz bit her lip after that, trying hard not to protest too much. It was better than the two boys actually sleeping IN her bed with her, which she was sure Michael was close to suggesting.

“Hey chica, everything all right?” Maria’s singsong voice asked. Liz turned around to find Maria putting in her dangling, silver earrings. She wondered when Maria had walked into the room. Liz must have been way too deep in her thoughts.

“Yeah, everything’s perfect,” Liz said, smiling. Even though some immoral, a-hole of an alien was trying to kidnap her and use her to his own discretion (literally) tonight was going to be carefree. She was graduating for heaven’s sake! It was time to celebrate! She was going to have fun even if it killed her.

“Good, good, girlfriend! I’m almost done here, and then the boys should be here. Izzy said she’d be coming in the limo with the guys, so I’m sure they’ll be on time.” Liz giggled, knowing the guys must be having a hard time with Isabel. [b]Everyone[/b] knew how seriously Isabel was taking her graduation, and she was determined to make her night perfect to every last detail. The thought of even being the slightest bit late wouldn’t even dare to cross Isabel’s mind.

“Poor boys!” Maria nodded in agreement to Liz’s statement.

“But then again, I feel even worse for Adam. Sherri is dragging him along with all her more, uh… popular friends. Jocks and all.” Maria let out a giggle. “Including Kyle Valenti!” Liz stared at Maria for a moment then burst out into laughter. Kyle Valenti? Liz had dated him for a while, but the moment Max walked into her life, everything was over with Kyle. He hadn’t really taken it that well… and to say the least, he proved to Liz he wasn’t happy with her decision.

“Oh my gosh, do you remember the first time Kyle saw you and Max kissing in the hall? I swear he was going to go off the deep end! He grabbed the nearest girl and started to make out with her in an attempt to make you jealous, but you were too busy sucking Max’s face!” Liz and Maria burst into another fit of giggles.

The shrill sound of the doorbell rang throughout the house, causing Maria and Liz to look excitedly at each other. They both smiled freely and squealed. Maria half ran and half skipped to the front door, with an equally excited Liz trailing right behind her. Maria threw open the door and found Max and Michael smiling warmly at them. Maria shrieked and jumped Michael, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him.

“Whoa! Down girl!” Michael told Maria, but still wrapping his arms around the slender girl. He kissed Maria lightly on the cheek and pulled her to his side.

Maria’s baby blue dress clung tightly to her body, not leaving much to Michael’s imagination. It’s length ended at least two inches above her knee, and the tiny, barely there spaghetti straps peeked up confidently from her body. Her hair lay gorgeously on her shoulders, it’s long silk straightened to perfection. Man, she looks hot.

Liz looked up shyly at Max, unsure of his reaction to her appearance. The dropped jaw and bulging of the eyes made Liz giggle again, and she took a step towards Max. He instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist, and leaned back, taking a good look at her.

“You look… beautiful. No, you look more than beautiful. There’s not one single word in any language to describe how stunning you look.” Liz blushed and immediately hid her face in his neck. Max just grinned and placed a kiss on the top of her head. She snuggled even more into his arms.

“Guys! You’re here!” Amy Deluca screeched as she came running breathlessly from the hall. Maria rolled her eyes, knowing they now wouldn’t be able to leave for another twenty minutes. Man, Izzy was going to be pissed.

“Pictures! Everyone, I want pictures!”

Part 14 | Index | Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.