FanFic - Michael/Maria
"And the Stitches Become Undone "
Part 3
by Calie
Disclaimer: I do not own Michael and Maria or any of the characters from Roswell that I have borrowed for this fic.
Summary: Maria gets pregnant by a certain alien. But the pregnancy brings along lots of physical and emotional problems.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
"Maria? What's wrong?" Max asked bewildered by her quick entrance.

Maria shut the door behind her and turned to him. "Your mom let me in. Is Isabelle here?"

"No. What's going on?" he asked her again. Maria looked like she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

"Um a couple of months ago, you know around the time of the rave at that soap factory?" she asked him.

Max nodded. He was more confused then ever now. He didn't see what that had to do with anything. Or at least not anything to make Maria so upset over.

"Okay well you know about what happened with me and Michael and how it ended quicker then it was started." she reminded him.

Max nodded again. He thought for a moment he heard regret in her voice. But it soon left as she remembered the task at hand.

"Well that's not all that happened. In between where it started and where it ended we slept together." Maria let out a sigh as the words past her lips.

Even after all these months it was a relief to say out loud. No one knew except her and Michael. And it was obvious she wasn't going to talk with him. Not even Liz knew.

"Oh god." Max said softly. "You and Michael had...." he couldn't even say it. It was just too unbelievable.

"Sex." she finished for him to clear it up.

"I didn't know. He never told me. I can't believe him." Max said begining to get angry.

"I think we had like a mutual silent agreement after a while that know one would find out. I'm sure he just didn't want anyone to know it was with me. Me, I was just embarrassed that it happened and then he threw me away like a piece of trash. I didn't want anyone knowing about that," she said aloud. It was said to Max but it wasn't really meant for him. Those where her own feelings over the whole thing.

In the back of Max's mind he recalled Michael mentioning how he was scared to hurt Maria. Obviously when Michael broke it off he didn't explain his real reasons. But that was the last thing Max was worrying about. Maria waited almost four months to break this news. Something had to have forced her to.

"Why?"

"Why what?" she asked confused.

"Why tell me now?" he asked her.

"Oh yea. Um last night, when I fainted. When we where alone that FBI agent had an idea of why I might be so sick. So I thought it was impossible but I looked into it. And it turned out she was right." Maria choked back sob as she said the last words. "I'm pregnant."

Max backed away as if he had been hit. "What???" he exclaimed.

"She thought I might be pregnant. I took the test. I am." she told him sadly.

"Are you sure Michael is-" he began as he collected himself but Maria interrupted him angrily.

"I'm sure. Michael was my first, my last, and the only one ever. So yes Max Evans I am carrying Michael Guerin's half alien baby." she spit out.

Max eyes widened as the realization hit him. She was human. Michael wasn't. The baby was half-human and half whatever they where. He didn't know what to do. They didn't even know what they really where or where they came from.

"That's not all." Maria interrupted the thoughts that where bound to be taking him over. Last night after I went home I discovered something. It faded away. But a little while before I came here it started to come back." she told him. Maria grabbed the hem of her shirt and lifted it up just enough so that Max could so her shiny silverish glow on her stomach. It wasn't a handprint. It was just a small circlish glow.

"This is the second time."

Max inched forward slowly. And when he was close enough to her he reached out and touched her stomach.

"You left one on Liz when you healed her. And I remembered about that dead person you all said another alien killed. They had a handprint to right?" she asked him wanting to be sure of her discovery.

Max nodded as his hand slid gently across her stomach. "Well I got this whenever I began to get weak."

Max pulled away and looked at her. "Are you getting weak now?" he asked her softly.

Maria dropped her shirt and nodded. "Just a little."

Max placed his hand on her back and pushed her towards the bed. "Sit down."

Maria sat down and when he sat down next to her she continued. "Well what if this baby is taking my life."

Max opened his mouth the respond but he shut it again. "I don't know." he finally forced out. "I don't think the baby would want to take your life.

Maybe it needed some kind of energy from you and that weakened you. Lift up your shirt again." he told her. He hoped his mom didn't decide to open his door anytime soon.

Maria did as he said. She watched as Max touched her stomach softly. Only moments later she felt something run through her. Wasn't all unpleasant but she wasn't sure what it was. But it was over soon after it began.

Max pulled away. "You're right. The baby was taking life from you. Or more specifically energy. The glow is gone."

Maria looked down at her stomach. He was right. "How?"

"I did the same thing I did for Liz. Just not so much. Now this is only my guess. But if it were Isabelle carrying a child like her it would be fine. She would be able to give off enough energy for the child. But since you are only human this one is taking it from you." he explained. It was bad enough that she was pregnant. But now her life was in danger.

Maria's eyes widened with worry. "So what do we do?"

"Maria the only thing I can think of is that throughout this whole pregnancy either me, Isabelle, or Michael is going to have to do that. It's the only way to give the baby enough energy so that it doesn't take it from you." he paused for a moment. "Does Michael know?"

Maria shook her head.

"We need to tell him." Max said and stood up from the bed.

Maria jumped up and followed him. "No we can't." she pleaded. "Not yet."

Max grabbed Maria's arms gently. "Maria I understand you want to wait and that you're scared. And I would probably have let you wait. But at this point your life is in danger. And I can't be around you every second of the day. If this happens when I'm not around either Isabelle or Michael need to help you. And this far down the line I think that Michael should know."

Maria downcast her eyes and nodded slowly giving her permission.

Max let her go and advanced towards the phone.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.