FanFic - Other
"Crash Course"
Part 2
by Christina
Disclaimer: I don't own , don't sue.
Summary: (Max is with Tess and Michael is with Isabel) The gang gets stuck in the middle of nowhere for a crash course for the SAT's but they get more than they bargained for when all out war breaks out between the three humans and the four aliens.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"Look Liz. Skanky hoes on parade," Maria said as Isabel and Tess entered the girl's cabin.

Liz couldn't help but laugh but it wasn't because of Maria's comment, it was because she knew that Maria could kid herself all she wanted but she wasn't over Michael and she was trying her damnedest to piss the entire alien clan off.

Isabel narrowed her eyes and threw her bag on the ground in a huff. "What the hell is your problem, Maria?"

Maria widened her eyes and put a hand to her chest, feigning innocence. "Problem? I have no idea what you're talking about Isabel. Do you have a problem, Liz?"

"No problem here," Liz responded.

"Hey," Maria shrugged. "I just call them as I see them."

"Forget about her, Isabel," Tess said, placing a hand on the taller girl's arm. "She's just jealous."

Maria looked to Liz and wiped away imaginary tears. "Oh, that hurt," she sniffed.

Isabel rolled her eyes and moved to put her bag on the bed. "Yeah, whatever."

Liz shook her head and then pulled out a book of SAT practice tests. "Okay Maria. You said you were having problems with the verbal stuff and I think I can pretty much figure these ones out. I'll show you how to do them so you can work on your math this weekend."

"Okay," Maria shrugged. "I'm not going to turn your help down. I need all the help I can get."

"Here," Liz handed her the book and went and sat down next to her best friend. "Number one. Bricklayer is to mortar as..."

Maria looked at the choices and then a mean smirk crossed her face and she said, "As lying, back-stabbing slut is to Isabel?"

Liz's mouth fell open and she glanced over to where Isabel was unpacking her things. She saw the girl's shoulders tense and she figured that Maria's comment had been heard. "Maria," Liz whispered. "Give it a rest. We're here to study, not to start cat-fights."

Maria looked at Liz and her face sobered. "You're right, Liz. I'll give it a rest. For now at least."

Liz nodded and once again said, "Bricklayer is to mortar as..." But she didn't even hear if Maria answered because she overheard Tess' voice at that moment and she froze.

"Look what I gonna wear for Max tonight, Isabel?" Tess said loudly and Liz glanced over to see the girl holding a lacy black teddy up against her body. "I figured that since it's our six month anniversary tonight, I would give him what he's been begging for since he had the good sense to kick his frigid hag to the curb." Tess glanced over at Liz, meeting her eyes and she shrugged her shoulders. "Sorry, Liz," she said, but she didn't sound sorry one bit and there was a huge smile on her lips.

Liz stood up stiffly and said, "I'll be back in a few minutes, Maria. I need to get some fresh air."

**********

"Okay, kids. These are the plans for today" Mrs. Laning, the school's guidance counselor said, consulting her clipboard. "You are all going to be separated into four groups. We've found that doing these crash sessions with smaller groups is more effective for retention. Groups one and three will go over the math section today and groups two and four will go over the verbal and tomorrow that will be switched and one and three will go over verbal and two and four will go over math. Any questions?" She looked around the room. "Good. You're names are posted on the bulletin board outside of this building. We'll be serving lunch right now and we'll break into our groups in an hour. Good luck, students. I'm sure that this session will help you all out."

The group broke apart at once and they all went to stand in line for lunch.

"I don't know why I let you talk me into this," Liz grumbled to Maria as they picked up their trays.

"Oh, come on, Liz. I didn't twist your arm. Besides, I'm having a blast."

"I'm sure you are but you should remember that we're here to study Maria, not to declare war."

Maria giggled. "Why can't I do both?"

"Both what?" Alex said as he joined them at the table in the dining hall.

"Study and start fights with Isabel." Liz told him. "Here, Alex. Do you want my tomato slices?"

**********

"I can't believe it!" Maria cried out as she looked at the group list.

"What?"

"Liz, look who we get to spend the entire weekend studying with."

Liz looked at the list, blinked her eyes, and the opened to look again hoping her eyes were playing tricks on her but the names were the same.

Group 2:
Maria Deluca
Isabel Evans
Max Evans
Michael Guerin
Tess Harding
Liz Parker
Alex Whitman.

"And I thought this weekend was going to be dull," Alex muttered in disgust.

**********

"Could my life get any worse?" Isabel asked Tess as they looked at the list outside the dining hall.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.