FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 13
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Maria, stop!" Isabel cried. "What are you doing? Just calm down. Hold on a second."

Maria continued stuffing clothes into a duffel bag. "I'm not going to stop. I have to get out of here." She said.

"Where are you going to go? Huh? You can't just run off. What about the baby?" Isabel pleaded. She couldn't let Maria just run off.

"I'll be fine. The baby will be fine." Maria said, zipping up the bag. "We'll find a place to stay. Just don't worry about us."

Isabel had tears in her eyes. "You're my sister." Isabel began. "I don't want to loose you."

Maria stopped what she was doing. She walked over and hugged Isabel. "You will never loose me." She said, letting go.

"Then where are you going?" Isabel asked through her tears.

Maria shook her head. "You've got to promise me you will not say anything to anyone. Not Max, Alex, Liz or especially Michael. If I tell you I want it to stay with you and only you."

Isabel shook her head. "All right. I have to know. If it means not being able to tell anyone else then fine."

"I'm going to stay with my aunt in Phoenix for a while. She's been wanting me to come and see her." Maria said.

"How are you going to explain the baby?" Isabel asked.

"I'm not. I won't have to explain it to her. She'll be supportive." Maria finished packing a backpack and zipped it up.

"And Michael?" Isabel asked.

"He doesn't need to know about the baby." Maria said bitterly. "Apparently he doesn't care enough about our relationship." Maria sat down on the bed and began to cry. "He doesn't even like to dance!"

Isabel sat down beside her and put her arm around her shoulders. She didn't know what to say to Maria. She'd never expected to see Michael with another girl. That just wasn't his style. Yet, there was no denying they were having fun together.

"How could he do that too me? How could he cheat on me?" She cried.

"I don't think he was actually cheating on you. It just seems that way." Isabel said. "I mean, you just found out you were pregnant. You're emotions are on a roller coaster right now already. Seeing them together just sent everything spiraling out of control. I'm sure what we saw was just pure innocence."

"Well I'm not going to be around to find out." Maria stood up and grabbed her two bags. "I'll call you when I get there." She said, hugging Isabel.

She made her way out to the Jetta and got in. She rolled down the window. "Remember you promised not to tell anyone where I'm at." She said.

Isabel smiled. "I won't." The smile slowly faded from her face.

"What?" Maria asked.

"Max and Liz's wedding." Isabel said. "You won't be here for it."

Maria's face saddened. She was going to miss her best friend's wedding. She almost decided to stay. But she couldn't. She didn't want to be anywhere near Michael. It was over between them. They probably shouldn't have ever made it that far. "Tell Liz I'm sorry." She said, starting the car. "Give them my best and tell them I wish them all the happiness in the world."

Isabel smiled. She knew if that couldn't keep Maria in Roswell, nothing would. "Call me, ok. I want to know everything that's going on."

"I will." Maria said. She rolled up her window and put the car into reverse. She waved goodbye to Isabel.

Isabel waved back and watched as her car disappeared down the street. It wouldn't be the same without Maria around. She sat down on the street curb and began to cry. Why couldn't she have stopped her from leaving? Isabel knew the answer. She was too much like herself. When Isabel got something in her mind, there was no stopping her. Maria was the same way. She jumped when she felt the hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked. Sitting down beside her.

Her eyes became cold. She'd never felt so angry, so distant, so scared in all her life. It was as if she didn't even know the man that was setting beside her. Her eyes burned into his. "Like you even have the RIGHT to ask me what's wrong." She said, through gritted teeth.

"I don't have to take this from you." He said standing up. "Where's Maria?"

Isabel stood up too so she could look him in the eyes. "She saw you tonight you know?" She began. "God, Michael.what were you thinking?"

"I just need to talk to Maria OK?" He said.

Isabel rolled her eyes. A tear slid down her cheek. "It's too late." She said, turning and walking towards her jeep.

"What do you mean it's too late?" Michael stopped Isabel and turned her around. "Tell me."

"She's gone Michael." Isabel said, crying. "She left ten minutes ago."

Michael's heart sunk. There was no way she could be gone. How could she have just left without hearing him out. "Where did she go?" He asked.

Isabel shook her head. "I don't know. She just took off." She had to lie to him. She'd promised Maria.

"Is, if you know where she is I need you to tell me!" He demanded.

"I don't know, Michael." She cried. "She was upset and mad and left. That 's all I know. She could be anywhere."

Michael pulled Isabel into a hug. He tried to calm her down but she pulled away. "I'm going to find her." He said. "I promise, it'll be OK."

Isabel knew it wouldn't. Michael wouldn't be able to find her. Only Isabel knew where she was, and she was determined to keep it that way.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.