FanFic - Other
"Gods, Mortals and Roswell, Oh My!"
Part 5
by Erin
Disclaimer: If I owned 'Roswell,' would I be writing fan fiction? (Hey - I don't own the song 'Angel of Mine' either It's by Monica.)
Summary: This a *very* (I repeat, very) AU fic. Basically, the aliens are gods of the Land of Roswell and the humans all find a way to become intertwined in their lives, in some way or another.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: When Melissa posted this challenge, I couldn't turn it down... Melissa's Godly Challenge
1) Must be a silly fic!
2) One of the Roswellians must be a God (like, a REAL God - as in powers, lives on a cloud, etc. That type of stuff. Whatever you think represents a God.)
3) One of the OTHER Roswellians must be their unwilling love interest (ie, Apollo and Daphne, though it DOESN'T have to be that intense.)
4) Someone must wear a toga and a circlet of laurel leaves, ala the ancient Olympics.
5) Naked Marathon is optional.
So, with this in mind, read on and enjoy! Dedication: Well... this goes to Linque, who beta-ed for me and to the comedic people in my life, who crack me up, from the lunch table to school plays... you know who you are. Muchas gracias!

The morning came quickly for Maria. She jumped out of bed when her alarm sounded and hopped into the shower, or you could say something that resembled a shower, ready for her exciting day. Best friends don't get married every day!

As soon as she was done with her shower, she was buzzing around her small house, running around in her bra and underwear trying to find something to wear. All that her mother could do was stare in wonder at her daughter as she ran around the house.

After about thirty minutes of attempting to find some acceptable clothes for her best friend's wedding, she remembered that Isabel, the goddess, had said that the clothes would be provided for her.

She grinned, in spite of herself.

Could her life get any better?

* * * * *

"Rise and shine," the Goddess of Dreams sang as she turned on the lights in the God of Chaos' room.

"Turn off the *damn* light," the god barked from under the covers of his bed. "Leave me alone. It's Saturday. Let me sleep in, for God's sake," he grumbled. "Could you at least let me sleep for another ten minutes? I was having this dream about..." his voice droned off.

"Too late," she said, grinning at her friend.

"What?" he asked, poking his head out from under his safeguard.

"I'm getting married today... Remember?" she asked, holding up her left hand, revealing her sparkling diamond engagement ring.

"Oh... now I remember," he smirked.

"And remember, you get to go pick up your date beforehand?"

"Yeah... I get to go pick up my date. Like I'm some kind of mortal teenager, going and picking up my date," he sighed, slowly throwing the blanket off of him and getting out of his bed to walk over to the beautiful goddess that he was talking to.

"Better a mortal date than no date," she replied, twirling her hair on her finger, grinning slyly at him.

"Yeah right. Whatever," Michael rolled his eyes.

"You'll like her, I *promise,*" the goddess smiled innocently. "Go on and get dressed. I don't want you to be late picking her up," was all that she said before she turned to walk out of his room. If he only knew who this girl was... She giggled.

When he heard her laugh, he twitched his nose and right before the door slammed closed behind her, he thought that he caught a glimpse of her newly colored pink hair. She was going to love that for her wedding day.

So, with that done, he turned and walked into his luxurious bathroom that was painted the color of the sunrise and every piece of furniture was solid marble.

Today was going to be a good day, he hoped.

After all, he had already caused a little bit of trouble and he hadn't been caught... yet.

* * * * *

"Michael!" a very angry goddess shrieked from her chamber. "What the *hell* have you done to my hair?"

"Your hair? I don't remember doing anything to your hair. But to my hair..." he rambled on, feigning innocence.

She stormed into his room, hairbrush in hand and at least five servant girls in tow.

"This!" she exclaimed, motioning to her Easter egg pink hair.

"Wow... you have one good hairdresser, Izzy," he smirked.

"Don't you play innocent with me. I know what you're up to," she scolded. Then, she took two long strides across the room and pointed the brush at his stomach. "Change it back," she added forcefully, jabbing his stomach with her brush.

"Okay, okay!" he gave up. "Stand still."

"Good," she said, standing completely still and statuesque.

He twitched his nose.

Her hair was blonde again.

"Don't forget to pick up your date," she reminded him as she sauntered out of the room.

He sighed.

How could he forget to pick up his date?

So, with a huff, he twitched his nose and beamed himself down to the land of Roswell to pick up his date for his surrogate sister's wedding.

* * * * *

Maria paced back and forth in her home's living room, keeping her eye trained on the clock that was ticking on the far wall. She sighed loudly.

"He should be here any minute," she mumbled under her breath, stopping to take a look out of the picture window at the front lawn. Maybe he'd come and knock on the front door to pick her up.

"Honey, what are you waiting for?" her mother called from the kitchen, noticing her daughter's distressed state.

"Alex is getting married today and they have to send someone to pick me up," she said nonchalantly.

"Why can't you go on your own?"

"Your new rule, remember?"

Her mom giggled.

"Also, Alex decided that he wanted to be like Lizzie and is getting married to a goddess. And the only way that I can get up there is if they send someone to pick me up because I, unfortunately, am not a goddess," she explained, still intently gazing at the clock on the wall.

"What goddess is he marrying?" her mother asked, interest obvious in her voice.

"The Goddess of Dreams."

"That's wonderful, darling. Tell him congratulations for me, okay?" her mother poked her head out of the kitchen, smiling at her daughter, "That's an… interesting outfit you have on there, Maria. Why don't you go back and get your toga?" her mother suggested.

Maria rolled her eyes and sighed. "Not dressy enough. I'm going to the Palace of the Gods, remember? My escort is bringing me some clothes for the wedding, since I don't have anything that fancy."

Her mother nodded. "By the way, when is Lizzie getting married?"

"Well, according to the Goddess of Dreams, Lizzie has been… uh… having a little fun with this other god and her fiancee hasn't found out about it. So they keep on prolonging the wait because, frankly, neither of them wants to marry each other. But when he finds out, the whole thing will be cancelled and she will marry the other god," Maria's voice droned on. "I'm like, the only one left here, mom. God, I need to find me a god to marry."

Her mother laughed out loud, in spite of herself. Her daughter… marrying a god?

Just then, there was a boom of thunder and all of a sudden, standing in front of her, was the god from the temple. The God of Chaos.

Her mouth fell open in surprise and he groaned.

How nice of Isabel to set him up with *this* mortal girl, of all the mortals she could have chosen from.

"Bye, mom," Maria yelled back into the kitchen.

"Have fun, sweetheart," her mother called back.

And they walked out of her house in silence, unable to believe their luck. (or bad luck, whichever one you want.)

* * * * *

"I need some clothes," she finally said once they were standing on the front door step.

"So I've noticed," he smirked, his eyes combing over her body that was clad in a thin toga.

"Stop that!" she exclaimed and thwacked him on the head. "How dare you look at me like I'm… a piece of meat!"

And all that he could do was grin at her.

"Hello?"

He shook his head. "Yeah, what do you want to wear?"

"What do you think will be acceptable?" she raised an eyebrow in question.

"Hmm…" he thought and finally, an idea came to him. He twitched his nose and she was in an entirely different outfit.

And she stood in front wearing a cow outfit, complete with udders and all.

"How do I…" her voice droned off when she looked at her new outfit. "Change it back!" she demanded. "I don't want to go to my best friend's wedding dressed as a cow! You are *so* not funny!"

He smirked at her and she beamed back at him. "Okay, how about we try this look?" he asked, twitching his nose.

There, she stood in clothes that would resemble something that a hooker would wear. A low cut halter-top barely covered her chest and her miniskirt was so short that her revealing panties could be seen. He, personally, liked this outfit the best.

But when she glanced down at her outfit, her bright smile faded to a grimace. "Okay, I'll reiterate. We're going to a wedding, my best friend's, at that, and I am *not* going to go dressed as a hooker, either. As much as I'm sure that you would like it, I don't want to look like a whore at the wedding. So it would be greatly appreciated it you helped me here and let me wear, like, a gown or something to the wedding. Got it?" she asked, her voice raising higher in annoyance.

How dare this boy, this god, do this to her! Sure, she might have been all nice and 'I worship you, oh god' yesterday, but today, she wasn't going to put up with any of his crap, even if he was a god that she needed to be worshiping.

"A little moody, are we?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Okay, how does a ball gown sound?" he asked, staring intently at the blonde girl who stood in front of him, still clad in her stripper wear.

She nodded eagerly and smiled at him, showing off her pearly white teeth.

He wiggled his nose and she was transformed.

The ball gown that she was wearing was olive green and it shimmered if the light hit it in the right spot. The dress was strapless and the top of it had vines climbing up it. Her hair fell freely around her face and she spun around for him, the dress floating behind her.

"How do I look?" she asked, delighted.

He grinned at her and nodded. Oh yeah, she looked good.

So he offered his arm to her and she took it, giggling.

As he twitched his nose to send them back to the palace, he thought, 'Maybe his day wasn't going to be so bad after all....'

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.