FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 2
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
"That's so cool that you like vanilla too. Everyone teases me about it being so plain."

"But vanilla's the best with Tabasco sauce. You should try it, Liz. I have a feeling that you'll love it."

Liz laughed. "Sweet and spicy has never been one of my cravings. At different times, sure, but not together."

"Fine but you have no idea what you're missing," Ava said with a smirk. "But you could have warned me that you were a chicken."

"I am not a chicken!" Liz yelled. "I'm not." She continued as Ava jumped off the bed and started to act like a chicken. Liz started to laugh. "Fine! Fine! I'll try it okay?"

Ava plopped back down on Liz's bed with a huge smile on her face. "I won!"

"This time," Liz said with a mock mean look. "Give me your bowl." Ava handed her bowl over to Liz with a mile wide grin on her face. Liz stuck her spoon into the ice cream coated with Tabasco sauce with a look of dread on her face. Ava started to laugh which just made Liz swipe the look of horror off of her face and filled her spoon up with the concoction. She faltered for a moment but then built up her resolve once more. Liz opened her mouth and ate the ice cream.

"That's actually really good, Ava."

"I know. Why else would I tell you to try it?"

"But why would I like it so much? I'm not an alien."

"I don't know. Maybe it's just a strange dietary quick you have with ice cream." Ava said as she shrugged her shoulders. "Now let's talk about some serious stuff."

Michael and Isabel walked upstairs to the Parker's apartment. They were thankful that Liz's parents were gone for the week. When Isabel had discovered that Max was gone without a word to her, she had called Michael, but he had heard nothing. So they had tried to call Tess but Kyle said that Tess had packed a bag and left late last night.

So they decided to ask Liz. Max wouldn't leave without telling her, even if they were fighting. Although neither of them really knew why the two of them persisted on staying apart. It was decided that Isabel would go into Liz's room first, just in case.

Iz opened the door to Liz's room hoping that Liz was up and ready even though it was early on a Monday morning and there was no school. Isabel had to admit that a part of her was prepared to see her brother and Liz in a compromising situation. Unfortunate or fortunately, that wasn't what she saw.

On Liz's bed were Tess, no Ava, sleeping back to back with Liz, but the most shocking thing was the fact that their hands were entwined and resting on their touching butts.

"What the hell? Michael! Get in here, now?" Isabel yelled in shock and confusion. "Look at them!"

Michael raced into Liz's room ready for battle, even though he expected to see Max and Liz's together in bed. He bumped into Isabel and almost knocked her over in his haste and surprise. *Ava and Liz sleeping together? They do look kinda cute though. And it feels familiar some how.*

Just then Ava started to wake up as did Liz. *Where the hell am I? Why does my arm hurt? Whose hand am I holding?* Both Liz and Ava rolled over from their sides onto their backs. They smiled at each other.

"Good morning, Ava. I slept so sound. I feel kinda disoriented and I'm in my own room. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah. I did. I feel the same way. Like I was having this intense dream and somebody woke me up."

"Exactly!" Liz exclaimed.

"Okay. This little bonding session is cute and all, but what the hell is going on? Why is she sleeping in your bed? Why are you two so cozy and holding hands in your sleep and now that you are awake? And where the hell is my brother?" Isabel screamed.

Ava and Liz laughed nervously at Isabel's outburst and quickly let go of each others hands. "Guess we know who woke us up, huh?" Ava asked to ease some of the tension in the room. Liz smiled at her gratefully then turned to Isabel.

"Didn't Max tell you guys that he and Tess were going to New York?" Liz asked.

"No! If he did then do you think that I would be asking you where he was?" Isabel's face fell immediately. "Why didn't he tell me? Why did he go without me?" Tears filled Isabel's eyes. Liz stood up and lead Isabel to her bed and wrapped her arms around her. Michael did the same from Iz's other side but he included Liz in his embrace.

Ava stood up and began to pace. "Damn it. I bet Rath and Lonnie have something to do with this. They would stop at nothing to get their way. Hell, they killed Zan, passing as the two of you would be no problem."

"What?" Michael yelled as he stood up. "They killed Zan? Why? Because he wouldn't go to the summit?"

Ava nodded her head as tears filled her eyes. Michael strode over to her and wrapped her in his arms. Ava immediately began to sob. Michael turned to Liz. "Liz, call Maria, Alex, Kyle and Valenti. Get them over here now. We need to find a way to fix this now."

Liz nodded as she let go of Isabel long enough to reach for the phone and call the rest of the gang.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.