FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 4
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
Meanwhile on the Dream plane

Isabel found Max's dream orb rather easily. It was right in front of her. She knew no one else was in it because the orb was still small. She heard Maria in her head ask her how did she know. Isabel answered back that she didn't t know for sure. She just did. It seemed to be enough for Maria because she didn't say anything else.

Isabel enlarged the orb and stepped into it with Maria. They were both a little concerned about what they would find, but went forward anyway. They were surprised at the sight before them.

It was an alley somewhere in Roswell. They weren't sure where, but they saw Max leaning up against a wall at the edge of it, waiting for someone. It was Isabel. They saw the fight between them. Tears filled both of their eyes as they realized that this was what had caused Max to leave without Iz and Michael. Suddenly the scene changed to Liz's balcony.

Max and Liz were standing there talking.

"Liz, why?"

"Does it really matter why, Max? If I tell you why will it make everything alright between us? Will you believe me?"

"Yes."

"I don't think that you will. It happened, Max. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I don't love him, not like I love you, but it happened."

"I don't believe you, Liz. I know you. You would never do that unless you were in love."

Suddenly, Max turned and looked straight at Isabel and Maria. "What are you doing in my dreams, Iz? It's not enough that you play games with me when I'm awake you have to do it while I'm sleeping too?"

"Max. Please listen to me. I didn't say any of that. I swear. That was Lonnie, not me. I had no idea that you had left for New York until I came to Liz's this morning looking for you. Neither did Michael. I swear to you. I know that you probably don't believe me."

"You're right, now go."

"Wait a second here, Maxwell." Maria interrupted. "Do you really think that I would be in this dream with Izzy, if she was lying? Do I do this kind of thing unless there is a darn good reason?"

"No, but..."

"No buts, Max. We're telling you the truth."

"But why didn't you tell me about Vilandra, Iz?" Max asked in a little boy's voice.

"Because, I didn't believe enough in your love for me. I didn't believe enough in anyone's love for me. I hated myself for not telling you. I hated myself because if it was true then I was a horrible person. I didn't know what to do. But the worst part of it was the fear that you would never be able to forgive me for betraying you. I don't remember it, but what if I told you and it triggered your memory, or Michael's or Tess's? How would I live with that? How would you guys treat me if you remembered?"

"Oh, Izzy, I love you. I would never turn away from you." Max walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. "I'll always forgive you. Our bond, no one can break it. Not this time, not ever again, if it ever was. My love for you and Michael is unconditional."

"Hey! What about your love for us humans? What are we, chopped liver?"

Max laughed. "Yes, it's the same for you, Alex and Liz." At that Max's face clouded over, but then cleared. "It's unconditional." He whispered with a brilliant smile on his face.

Iz and Maria laughed. The three of them embraced. But Isabel quickly sobered. "Max, we don't have a lot of time. Ava is still here. She told us that Lonnie and Rath killed Zan because he wouldn't go to the summit. I don't think that you should trust them. Michael wanted me to ask what you think that we should do. We've already covered for you. Mom and Dad think that you and Sheriff Valenti are spending a few days up at our cabin. They hope that Valenti will be able to help you since the shrink hasn't."

"Wait. Michael is asking me what to do? I thought that he would have already started to follow us to New York by now."

"I know. I was surprised too, Max," Maria answered.

"Well, Liz, Michael, Ava and I talked while we were waiting for everyone else. We don't know what these people at the summit know. We don't think that we should let them know there are two sets of pods. So you and Tess should try to look like Ava and Zan when you go to the summit. Just in case."

Max smiled. "That was Liz's idea, wasn't it? How did she get Michael to go along with it so easily?"

Isabel smiled. "It's kinda funny. When she suggested it, Michael agreed with it, without question."

"It's really weird. Michael and Liz are working together really well. It's like they've got this bond. It's not like when you and Liz work together, but she asked Michael what we should do. Michael told Isabel to try and dreamwalk you and to bring me along so that you would believe her. Alex is waiting on the other side of Isabel in case you didn't believe the two of us, Isabel was going to bring Alex in too," Maria said.

Just then Max started to fade. "Iz, Maria, I have to go. Tess is trying to wake me up. I'll meet with you every night, Iz and we'll talk about what we are going to do. Don't worry too much. I'll be careful. Tell everyone the same. I love you, Iz. You too, Maria."

"I love you too, Max. Come home soon."

"Love ya, Maxie. Come back to us, to Liz, soon."

Max smiled his special smile at the mention of Liz's name. "Tell Liz that I'm coming for her. Whether she likes it or not. I'm not giving up."

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.