FanFic - Other
"Czech Your Dimensions"
Part 2
by John
Disclaimer: : Roswell characters belong to Warner Brothers. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
(Scene: On the way to the airport in the Evan's family mini-van! With eight people and luggage, it's a bit tight…)

Max: Couldn't you find a few more bags to stuff in here, Isabel?

Isabel: Actually, if I could have found another one to pack I would have brought…

Diane: (Changing the subject.) Isn't it funny that it takes as long to drive to Albuquerque as it does to fly from there to L.A.

Michael: I keep saying Roswell has its disadvantages.

Maria: It has its advantages too. It's where you live. (Kisses Michael)

Liz: And where Max lives. (Kisses Max)

Alex: And where Isabel lives. (Kisses Isabel)

Phil: So, it's an OK place?

Max: At least for now.

Liz: It's home for all of us. I keep thinking. I hope we all can always be close…live near each other…but that may not be possible in the future.

Diane: As long as Phil and I are in Roswell, any of you can count on a place to flop no matter where you end up later on.

Alex: Thanks Mrs. Evans, but no one's going anywhere for awhile. Let's enjoy this time together.

Diane: Hey Alex, tell me about your cousin. The one who looks just like Michael! How could that be possible, given where Michael originally came from? He's not…I mean there's no chance…

Alex: No! There's absolutely no biological connection. It's a very long story that you probably really don't want to know.

Diane: OK, I get the picture. I won't ask any more. I almost lost a son by asking too many questions once. I won't make that mistake again.

Max: You would never have lost me, mom. Not really! It was me, not you.

Diane: So, you kids have one more year of school. Then what?

Liz: I still want to go to college and study micro-biology. Max says he wants to study something similar…maybe medicine.

Alex: Computer Science is where it's at.

Isabel: I'm not sure yet. But I'm not through learning.

Maria: I guess Michael and I are still finding our way. But we will do that…together!

Phil: Well, we're here at the airport. Everyone got their tickets?

Alex: Anyone see a skycap…or two…or three?

(Isabel glares at Alex. He knows he'll pay for that remark.)

(Scene: On the plane. Michael is very quiet…)

Maria: So, you've never been on a plane before?

Michael: (Tense) Not on a regular jet like this.

Maria: That's almost ironic.

(Michael rolls his eyes. The fight attendant is making the announcements as the plane taxis down the runway. Soon the flight is airborne and Michael is looking a little green.)

Isabel: This is almost unbelievable.

Alex: What?

Isabel: Michael. He doesn't like flying. I can tell.

Alex: Did you your first time?

Isabel: I didn't mind it. I always assumed that not being afraid of flying would be hereditary.

Max: I never minded it either, even as a kid. I'm sure he'll be OK.

Diane: What's wrong, Max? What are you talking about?

Max: It's Michael. I think he's airsick.

(Diane smiles. She can't believe it either. Here's someone who once flew millions of miles through space and now gets airsick just flying from New Mexico to California.)

Maria: Michael, you don't look good.

(The irony of this is not lost on Michael either.)

Michael: I'm OK. I have to be. This is not a big deal. I just…I wish I didn't have a window seat.

Maria: I'll gladly trade you. People usually try to get window seats.

Michael: This is insane. It can't be…flying can't be affecting me this way.

Maria: Maybe you're just excited to be going on a real vacation.

(Just then the flight attendant comes by…)

Flight attendant: For lunch today we have your choice of lasagna or chicken.

Maria: Chicken please.

Flight attendant: And for you sir? Sir?

(At the smell of food, Michael gags. Maria points to the airsickness bag. Michael pulls it out…as sick from being embarrassed as from flying.)

Maria: Could he just have a Coke, please?

(Maria holds Michael's hand and tries to distract him by rubbing his back and shoulders. After a while he settles down and actually wishes he'd eaten something. As the plane is about to land in L.A….)

Diane: Feeling better, Michael?

Michael: Yes. I'm OK now. I don't understand that at all. There's no way flying anywhere should bother me.

Max: I hope the rides at Six Flags don't do you in.

Maria: He'll be fine. Don't worry about him.

Diane: Forgive my motherly instincts.

Michael: Thanks everyone. Sorry to worry you! I'm fine now.

(The plane lands and they head for the Hotel.)

(Scene: The hotel…)

Isabel: This isn't fair, being on different floors. What's you guys room number?

Alex: 704. And this is 806, right?

Liz: That's right.

Max: I think dad did this on purpose.

Liz: You'd think they don't trust us.

Maria: Well?

Michael: Hey…what could happen?

Isabel: A lot…and it would all be fun.

Alex: We need to find a secret passage between rooms.

Michael: Maybe we could make one.

Max: That would leave a legacy for sure.

Alex: You know what they say, "where there's a will there's a relative". We'll find a way to get together.

Isabel: We'll mostly just be sleeping in our rooms anyway. Most of the time during the day we'll not be separated.

Liz: I don't want to not see Max at night. That would be worse than at home.

Max: Like Alex said, we'll figure out a way.

Maria: I'm glad my mom thinks Michael's still in Roswell.

Michael: What does she think we'd do together?

(Maria grabs Michael and pushes him down on one of the beds and starts wrestling with him.)

Maria: This!

(Kisses him wildly. Just then Phil knocks and opens the slightly ajar door.)

Phil: Are you guys….hmmm…

(Looks at the bed where Maria and Michael are trying to look innocent.)

Phil: I can see I was right with the separated rooms.

Isabel: Now dad, it's not what you think.

Phil: It's not? Hmmm… Just kidding. I know you guys are responsible. But you are still teenagers, obviously. Anyway, I came to ask if you were ready for dinner.

Michael: (Having "missed" lunch.) I certainly am.

Max: Me too!

Alex: Me three.

Phil: Ladies?

Isabel, Liz, and Maria: Let's go!

(Meanwhile, back in Roswell…where it's an hour later because of the time difference)

(Scene: The Crashdown. Devin has spiked his hair a bit and with a hat on, no one knows he's not Michael. Maria's mom has been working for Maria.)

Amy: So, Michael? What will you do without Maria for a week?

Devin/Michael: Miss her, I guess.

Amy: Do you really like her? She says you fight a lot.

(Devin is not sure what to say because he's not Michael.)

Devin/Michael: I think we're just both intense. We always kiss and make up.

Amy: Kiss?

(Devin's getting in deeper.)

Devin/Michael: Isn't that OK?

Amy: I guess, as long as that's the extent of it. I'm just being protective.

Devin/Michael: I try to do that for Maria too... protect her. Well, it's time to close. Let's clean up.

Amy: Just clean up the kitchen and go on home, Michael. I'll take care of the rest.

(After clean up, Devin stops by home to degrease his synthetic hair. He combs it normally; then heads to the party Anna had invited him to.)

(Scene: Anna's party.)

Anna: Hey Devin! Great you could come. Come on in. Hey everybody…this is Devin Whitman. He recently moved to Roswell. I met him in science class. He sings with his cousin Alex' band.

Several people: Hi Devin. Hey Devin. How come you're so late?

Devin: Sorry! I had to work.

Anna: That's OK. I'm really glad you came. I'm playing a video game with some others. Come help me.

(It's obvious that Anna really seems to like Devin. As they're playing…)

Anna: Devin, what do you like to do, besides sing?

Devin: I like to meet people. I like to drive around and see things. This country is a little different that Alamogorda.

Christy: Is that where you're from?

Devin: Yes.

Christy: I've got a friend there. Do you know Misty Wheeler? She was Homecoming Queen at Alamo High last year.

Devin: I don't know her personally.

Christy: The way she talks, all the cute guys know here intimately.

Devin: Guess I'm not cute enough.

Anna: No way Jose! You're REALLY cute Devin…and you sing well too. Hey guys, how about some karaoke? Devin's so great. Devin, would you sing?

Devin: I don't want to…

Christy: Aw, come on. Anna says you're good.

Anna: Please Devin. I heard you with the band. It was wonderful.

Devin: I usually sing with someone.

Anna: I'll sing with you.

Devin: Well… OK…crank it up.

(Anna and Devin sing, joined by Christy, Mitch and a few others. Everyone enjoys Devin's singing.)

Devin: Enough. Someone else do this for awhile.

Anna: That was great, Devin. If you're hungry, I'll get you a sandwich and a drink.

Devin: That would be fine.

Christy: Hey Devin, where'd you learn to sing like that.

Devin: I guess you could say my father taught me.

Christy: Is he a singer?

Devin: No! He's a rocket scientist.

Christy: Quit pulling my leg.

Devin: No…seriously. He works at White Sands.

Anna: Here you go, Devin.

(She gives him the food.)

Anna: So your dad's a real rocket scientist. Does he get tired of the jokes?

Devin: I don't really know.

Anna: Hey Devin…come with me.

(She drags him into a bedroom and closes the door.)

Anna: It's quieter in here.

Devin: Yes, it is.

Anna: So?

Devin: So what?

Anna: That was a good answer.

(She turns down the lights and drags Devin to the bed. She puts her arm around his neck and kisses him…first on the lips, then on the neck. Devin feels different. He feels accepted. His wheels are spinning, trying to remember what he saw Michael do with Maria. He gazes into Anna's eyes, trying to imitate Michael. He puts his arms around her, leans in, and kisses her.)

Anna: Devin! You're more than just a great singer. I knew when I saw you on stage that you were different. There's something unique about you. I've never met anyone that I've been attracted to so quickly.

Devin: You're…you're very…you're very special too Anna. Thank you for asking me to come tonight.

(Anna starts to unbutton Devin's shirt and begins to rub his neck. He's trying to decide what he should do when the door bursts open. It's Anna's boyfriend, Cody.)

Cody: What the hell is going on in here?

Anna: Cody! I thought you had to work late.

Cody: It is late…and I'm here. You! Get your hands off my girl. Who are you, anyway?

Devin: My name is Devin.

Anna: Cody! It's not his fault…I brought him in here.

Cody: What? Why? Aren't we together?

Anna: I…uh…I just met Devin not too long ago. I wanted to get to know him better. It was noisy outside, so we came in here.

Devin: I didn't know…

Anna: I hadn't had time to tell him about us, Cody.

Cody: But you had time to unbutton his shirt. God Anna, what am I supposed to do. I'm going home. It obvious you've found someone else. And you buddy… you better watch your back. I don't appreciate having my girlfriend hijacked.

Devin: I'm sorry...like I said I…

Cody: Hey! Anyone here could have told you. I don't buy that "it just happened" crap.

Anna: Cody…let him alone. This was my fault.

Cody: I'm outta here, Anna.

(Cody leaves as Anna and Devin just look at each other, wondering what to do.)

Anna: Devin, I'm sorry. I should have told you. I didn't think he'd be here so soon. I was afraid if I told you about Cody you wouldn't come…and I really like you Devin.

Devin: You better try and make up with Cody, Anna. There are things about me you don't know. You're better off with him.

Anna: I'm not so sure! I don't like the way he's been treating me lately. And the way he acted with you tonight…you're far more of what I want in a man than he is.

Devin: He had a right to be mad. You should have told me about him. I better be going. I've caused enough trouble for you.

Anna: No! Don't go, Devin. I want you to stay. Cody won't be back tonight.

Devin: You better go find him Anna. Believe me; it's him you want, not me.

(Devin heads back to the apartment. He has just experienced an all to human situation. Anna likes him. He thought it would be fun to go to her party. Now he's come between her and her boyfriend. Cody's mad at him and he's mad at her. He realizes it would be wrong to pursue a relationship that could only end with his ultimately hurting someone. He's not human. He can see now that he can only take a relationship with a human so far. What would Anna do if he lets her become more attached to him and then she finds out what he is? Wouldn't he have to tell her eventually? Would it be wrong not to? He suddenly realizes that he can never be more than an acquaintance to anyone. Meet and greet. That's all he can do. For the first time, Devin is wondering if living away from the lab is really the best thing for him. Is there a best thing for him? What really is his purpose? He's actually feeling sadness. But can he really feel such emotions? He arrives back at Michael's apartment. As he turns on the light he's surprised to see someone sitting in the chair in the living room. The person looks unusual.)

Riverdog: Hello Michael!

(The trip's off to a good start, luggage and all. Devin had a quick lesson in human relationships and he's not sure he likes it. And Riverdog's looking for Michael. It's getting interesting. That means it's time for this episode to end. We'll be back sometime soon, so keep watching the B.S. Network or you might miss us. Stay tuned now for the B.S. Network's News Magazine, "20.8/79.2".)

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.